First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Windows Updates and SVCHOST.EXE process
Recently my corporate environment has been plagued with issues of 100% CPU usage caused by the automatic updates and scvhost process. I realize that I could eliminate this problem by disabling the Automatic Updates service but this is a corporate environment and that is simply not an option as it would totally... 13 Apr 2007 18:11
Event ID: 7000 - Crashing PC - Please help
Hi My PC has increasingly starting freezing and checking out the event log it relates to the following: The PocketCam 3Mega, WDM Video Capture service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. I'm guessing that some fragment of an earlier install of a video d... 5 Apr 2007 17:05
CHKDSK Security Descriptor error
"Readable file record segment 9 is not writeable." this is the CHKDSK error message I get when I try boot up my other computer, and it automatically does a CHKDSK. The third part of the CHKDSK it does is Security Descriptors. Gateway 1.6 Mhz, 768mb RIMM, P4, desktop, made in 2003. This is after the computer ... 14 Mar 2007 17:01
System Battery Low message
When I boot up the computer from OFF, I get a message - "Alert! System battery voltage is low". I can press F1 to continue or go to Set up. Is this an issue? Is there a setting I need to change? ... 4 Mar 2007 11:31
MMC cannot open the file c:\windows\system32\compmgmt.msc
When I attempt to "Manage" my computer, I get the error message: MMC cannot open the file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\COMPMGMT.MSC This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.... 9 Mar 2007 14:29
System restore failure please help.....
can anyone help me with my system restore failure when I looked up the error it says ' The device. \Device\Scsi\iviVD1\. did not respond within the timeout period.' Im not sure what exactly this means..... please help if you have any idea ... 6 Feb 2007 04:12
Windows product key update tool
I found out that i had a pirate copy of xp pro and i purchaced a key from microsoft.The problem i am having is they told me to go to this web site an run a tool called product key update tool. so i did this and now i get a error when i run this of 0x80004005. i have a internet connection because im running it f... 27 Feb 2007 06:08
could use some help
Termination reason code 10 [FAST_USER_SWITCH] according to my error report this is couseing my comp to reboot randomlly..any help is great ... 20 Jan 2007 12:39
error messages from norton utlities concerning net framework 2
Earl, When I did a explorer search, in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework folder, it showed no results for a search for the "msver80.dll " file. Where should that file be located (assuming it should be ) on my computer? -- your friend, Larry ... 17 Jan 2007 01:54
MFC Application Errors
I purhased WinDVD 8 and when I try to activate it I get this errror message, "WinDVD MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I can never get past this error message. I send the error report to Microsoft. I have not been able to find out what my prob... 9 Jan 2007 08:52