First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Windows XP Power Options
Hello! Recently I performed a brand new installation of Windows XP; I also installed Microsoft Office 2003. Both are in English language. After all the Microsoft updates have been installed, I nevermore was able to shut down the computer. No matter if I order the computer to shut down, restart, hibernate or... 18 Dec 2009 05:05
Slow Formatting Burning And Installing
I have a no-name machine, Intel Core2Duo with 2GB of memory running Windows XPSP3. Motherboard is Gigabyte GA965P version 1... I believe it is version 1 as the version number is blocked but when speaking to the company, they said based upon the location of the writing that is the version it is. The problems a... 12 Dec 2009 15:40
Change Drive Location of System Restore Files
I have 80gig of space on Drive F: on my pc. The c: Drive is full with only about 100mb free. Can I change these files to save on Drive F:? What is the procedure? ... 17 Dec 2009 14:52
Registry recovery program that works in DOS ?
Is there a program that can rebuild the registry from the last restore point that works in DOS mode ? When I get a crash caused by a corrupt registry, Windows won't boot. I'm familiar with the pains taking method where the Windows install DVD is used with the Recovery Console. Lots of typing and rebooting. I ... 11 Dec 2009 21:23
Need Help for Donated PC (Fire Victims)
I have knocked myself out this past week trying to get a Dell Optiplex running XP to "go faster." The boot time for everything is so bad that I'm ashamed to give it to a family who lost everything in a fire--two school age kids, single parent to boot (so I need to get this up and running). I deleted everything t... 12 Dec 2009 08:05
Changing boot SATA controller
I want to boot from a different SATA controller. Drivers for both controllers are installed into Windows XP, and after physically switching drives I can change the boot order in the BIOS, but when I try to boot I just get "A disk read error occurred". Is there a document somewhere on how to change your boot con... 8 Dec 2009 11:57
Missing or damaged 'pci.sys'
I have an old P3 computer running XP Pro that had 384Mb of RAM and, as a result, ran pretty slowly and did a lot of page-swapping. In my attempt to spruce it up I took out the 128Mb stick and put in a 256Mb stick which should have brought the motherboard up to it's maximum of 512Mb. All the RAM sticks are PC1... 30 Dec 2009 04:25
Explorer shoot down with an error!
Explorer shoot down with an error when it try to open particular folders with specific file types (.MOV , .MP4) ,when it try to make preview for some of them(not for all, but allmost). And sometimes it ruin graphic (screen responce) and demand to reboot the system. it VERY annoying!! ... 7 Dec 2009 19:38
Problem with Srv driver
Neil Rashbrook wrote: sometimes the Srv driver does not start on boot. This turned out to be due to faulty memory. ... 4 Dec 2009 11:47
Backup Utility in Windows XP - RESTORE problems.
I installed a new (and larger) hard drive. I had backed up the old drive to a USB external drive, backing up the C:\ drive and the system state. After removing the old drive and inserting the new drive, I reinstalled Windows XP Professional and SP2, including activating Windows through the internet (using a LA... 3 Dec 2009 14:53