First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Extracting Footnotes and Endnotes
Hello, I am trying to write a script that will locate footnotes (or endnotes) in a Word document and extract their contents into a new document. So far I have been unlucky as it seems to me that the only way I can access an item is by its index number, not its value (similar to the fields object). Is there som... 9 Oct 2009 11:32
Option Buttons created with Forms
I have a document that has a bunch of option buttons created with the forms toolbar. How do I access the name of the option button iand the "value" (true/false) of the option button n VBA? I have this so far and I'd like to get the OptionButton name somehow, but haven't been able to get to it. Dim myShape... 7 Oct 2009 17:34
Controlling ribbon group visibility on document open
I have two custom menu groups on a custom tab. One group is for users. The other is for administrators. In my AutoOpen routine I want to control the visibility of the admin group. I did this with commandbars using: Sub autoopen() InsertUserToolBar If fAdminUser Then InsertAdminToolBar End... 29 Sep 2009 15:20
Error displaying unprotect dialog in word 2007
the following code to override the protect button protects a document properly but renders a "runtime error 5485: The password is incorrect" when trying to unprotect. Seems simple enough, but I'm not sure why this is happening. Sub toolsprotectdocument() DocPass = "Password" If ActiveDocument.Protec... 1 Oct 2009 11:44
Bulleted lists conversion problems. Help!
Hello, I am trying to programatically extract the html source code from which a Word document is based and store that code in another Word document. The problem I am having is as follows. Ordered and unordered lists display the correct html code in the Microsoft Script Editor window as shown below. <ul ... 25 Sep 2009 15:20
NoSpaceBetweenParagraphsOfSameStyle
Is there a way I can write the below code without refering ActiveDocument? ActiveDocument.Styles("Normal").NoSpaceBetweenParagraphsOfSameStyle = True I'm out of practice with VBA, and am running it inside a VB script that creates some Word templates. However, this line causes the script to bomb. The followin... 1 Oct 2009 13:59
Windows7 and Word2007 vba code problem
Hi, I have posted a problem here earlier regarding code that works in WindowsXP/Word2007 but not on Windows7/Word2007, but have received no replies. That problem still exists. I now have another similar problem: In a global template I store code and global variables. The global template is in the startup di... 1 Oct 2009 13:59
Creating a master document from code
Using VBA I have been trying to create a master document with some subdocuments in it. A shortened version of my code appears below. When I run it, the result looks fine but for one essential feature: Viewing in "Outline view", "Show document" (I think it is called) the subdocuments appear nested (third inside ... 22 Sep 2009 09:33
Reading a text file: Commas behave as separators
I have a text file containing the following four lines: This line has no commas. However, this one has But, alas, the line is read in pieces Characters: ;_.+"%&!,,, If I try to read it with the following sub Private Sub ReadTextFile() Dim FileName As String Dim Line As String FileName = "Y:\T... 22 Sep 2009 11:49
Office 2007 and Office 2003 and word macros.
Hi I have installed office 2007 actually just the trial version at the moment. This appears to have killed my macros in Office 2003. Has anyone else seen this sort of problem? Will my macros still be available somewhere? When I open files with Word 2007 or 2003 that previously contained macros and vba c... 22 Sep 2009 05:09
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last