From: Joerg on
John Larkin wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:39:39 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Jim Thompson wrote:

>>> Nice! How much $ ??
>>>
>> Regular around $130/night. Keep in mind it's right next to a freeway but
>> that didn't bother me.
>>
>> The client engineer I traveled with has this habit of booking everything
>> last minute on hotwire.com. You select how many stars and click on
>> "book", without knowing which hotel and exactly where. Once the bid is
>> booked you are told hotel and location. This got us two rooms at the
>> Zico for $50 each. Fifty! Oh, and on top of that he also booked the car
>> via that and landed us a Ford Mustang. Yeehaw!
>
> Mo and I rented a red Mustang convertible, by accident, in western
> Massachusetts. Horrible car. The top was a nightmare to get up and
> down, the ersatz 60's round chrome instruments were unreadable, and
> the turn signal sound was a loud, poorly synthesized fake of an old
> fashioned thermal plink-plonk thing. It did look sporty.

Ours was actually really cool. The 60's chrome instruments are still
there but with large numbers and very readable. The car had mood
lighting and you could change the color. Heck, even the pedal area was
lit for whatever reason. The turn signal sounded like a real relay, or
maybe I fell for an improved synthesized plink-plonk :-)

It did have lots of gusto. However, it is definitely a car for no more
than two occupants, the rear bench space is pathetic and we did not have
a convertible.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
From: John Larkin on

Hey, here it is:

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Mustang.jpg

John

From: krw on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:55:05 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:46:32 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>John Larkin wrote:

>>> Mo and I rented a red Mustang convertible, by accident, in western
>>> Massachusetts. Horrible car. The top was a nightmare to get up and
>>> down, the ersatz 60's round chrome instruments were unreadable, and
>>> the turn signal sound was a loud, poorly synthesized fake of an old
>>> fashioned thermal plink-plonk thing. It did look sporty.
>>>

>>Ours was actually really cool. The 60's chrome instruments are still
>>there but with large numbers and very readable. The car had mood
>>lighting and you could change the color. Heck, even the pedal area was
>>lit for whatever reason. The turn signal sounded like a real relay, or
>>maybe I fell for an improved synthesized plink-plonk :-)
>>
>>It did have lots of gusto. However, it is definitely a car for no more
>>than two occupants, the rear bench space is pathetic and we did not have
>>a convertible.
>
>Hey, here it is:
>
>ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Mustang.jpg

Send it to my wife. She wants one just like that. Well, a charcoal interior
and top would be better.
From: Joerg on
John Larkin wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:46:32 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> John Larkin wrote:

>>> Mo and I rented a red Mustang convertible, by accident, in western
>>> Massachusetts. Horrible car. The top was a nightmare to get up and
>>> down, the ersatz 60's round chrome instruments were unreadable, and
>>> the turn signal sound was a loud, poorly synthesized fake of an old
>>> fashioned thermal plink-plonk thing. It did look sporty.
>>>
>> Ours was actually really cool. The 60's chrome instruments are still
>> there but with large numbers and very readable. The car had mood
>> lighting and you could change the color. Heck, even the pedal area was
>> lit for whatever reason. The turn signal sounded like a real relay, or
>> maybe I fell for an improved synthesized plink-plonk :-)
>>
>> It did have lots of gusto. However, it is definitely a car for no more
>> than two occupants, the rear bench space is pathetic and we did not have
>> a convertible.
>
> Hey, here it is:
>
> ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Mustang.jpg

Nice. They changed the outside design a wee bit. Of course, the real
thing would be the one with the V8 in there but those are hard to find.

From: Phil Hobbs on
Joerg wrote:
> John Larkin wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:46:32 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Ours was actually really cool. The 60's chrome instruments are still
>>> there but with large numbers and very readable. The car had mood
>>> lighting and you could change the color. Heck, even the pedal area was
>>> lit for whatever reason. The turn signal sounded like a real relay, or
>>> maybe I fell for an improved synthesized plink-plonk :-)
>>>
>>> It did have lots of gusto. However, it is definitely a car for no more
>>> than two occupants, the rear bench space is pathetic and we did not have
>>> a convertible.
>> Hey, here it is:
>>
>> ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Mustang.jpg
>>

> Nice. They changed the outside design a wee bit. Of course, the real
> thing would be the one with the V8 in there but those are hard to find.

The 2011 V6 is a completely different car--it's as fast as the 2010 GT,
and the EPA laughingly says it gets 32 MPG on the highway. It's on the
short list for my next vehicle.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--