From: David McGlone on
I give up. trying to reply to messages on this list is tedious. I can't
pinpoint whether it's because the list is set up to make replies go to
the OP or the OP has his reply-to in his mail client set, or most people
are hitting the reply-to button instead of simply reply.

It just doesn't make sense to me, why be on the mailing list if it
hinders having a group discussion without having to jump through
hurdles. It also defeats the purpose of being on a group list if
replying sends the reply to the OP.

Every message sent to this list, simply hitting reply should send back
to this list and not the OP.
--
Blessings,
David M.

From: shiplu on
The reply-to header should be changed to php-general(a)lists.php.net.
I experience many dev list that are configured this way.
So, in my gmail i change my habit to press "a" instead of "r".

Shiplu Mokaddim
My talks, http://talk.cmyweb.net
Follow me, http://twitter.com/shiplu
SUST Programmers, http://groups.google.com/group/p2psust
Innovation distinguishes bet ... ... (ask Steve Jobs the rest)
From: Per Jessen on
David McGlone wrote:

> I give up. trying to reply to messages on this list is tedious. I
> can't pinpoint whether it's because the list is set up to make replie=
> go to the OP or the OP has his reply-to in his mail client set, or
> most people are hitting the reply-to button instead of simply reply.

Did you try "Reply-All" ? That usually does it for me.

> It just doesn't make sense to me, why be on the mailing list if it
> hinders having a group discussion without having to jump through
> hurdles. It also defeats the purpose of being on a group list if
> replying sends the reply to the OP.

Reply-All.=20

--=20
Per Jessen, Z=C3=BCrich (16.2=C2=B0C)

From: Daniel Egeberg on
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 14:27, David McGlone <david(a)dmcentral.net> wrote:
> I give up. trying to reply to messages on this list is tedious. I can't
> pinpoint whether it's because the list is set up to make replies go to
> the OP or the OP has his reply-to in his mail client set, or most people
> are hitting the reply-to button instead of simply reply.

Then get a better email client if yours doesn't support "reply to all"
or "reply to group". It's hardly the mailing list's fault that your
client doesn't support that.

--
Daniel Egeberg
From: =?UTF-8?Q?Hans_=C3=85hlin?= on
Why change the way that has been around for years and adopted by
multiple e-mail lists?
It feels like it's more problem to change the way for thousands of
users just to satisfy a couple of few.

Hans Åhlin
Tel: +46761488019
http://www.kronan-net.com/