From: David McGlone on
On Wednesday 21 April 2010 12:16:28 O. Lavell wrote:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > Hello David McGlone,
> >
> > Am 2010-04-21 08:27:18, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> >> I give up. trying to reply to messages on this list is tedious. I can't
> >> pinpoint whether it's because the list is set up to make replies go to
> >> the OP or the OP has his reply-to in his mail client set, or most
> >> people are hitting the reply-to button instead of simply reply.
> >
> > You are using Evolution and I am wondering, why you do not use the
> > "List-Reply Button"!
>
> There is no such button in the Evolution version I am using, but Ctrl+L
> works just as well.
>
> I prefer to read this list as an nntp newsgroup on news.php.net.

I switched to Kontact where I am able to add a "reply to list" button on the
tool bar.

I put it right beside the "reply" so when I go to hit the "reply" It will
remind me of which one I actually need to hit.

I'm trying to make my computer work for me so I can focus on PHP, not the
other way around. So after 16 years, I'm done tinkering with my OS's. It gets
old and writing scripts for every little thing that I think will make my life
easier is just a thing of the past for me.

Now-a-days the only tinkering I have to do is adding my samba shares to fstab
when I do fresh installs, and installing apps I use that aren't included by
default.

Simple, quick and to the point. Thats all I care about anymore.

--
Blessings,
David M.
From: Mitul Modi on
Hi,

I am planning to install on embedded device. Please help me to reduce the
binary footprint.

thanks,
Mitul modi
From: Daniel Brown on
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 08:52, Mitul Modi <mituld.modi(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to install on embedded device. Please help me to reduce the
> binary footprint.

You sent two messages to the Install list and then hijacked this
thread. Send a new message to php-general(a)lists.php.net and ask for
help. If you don't get a response, you'll have to try somewhere else,
because it's possible that no one here knows the answer you're trying
to find. In no case, however, should you ever hijack a thread like
this.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown(a)parasane.net || danbrown(a)php.net
From: Kevin Kinsey on
Bobby Pejman wrote:
> I must say, I never heard or even thought of the idea of calling it
> LookOut. Hahaha. It made me laugh for a good 10 minutes and
> if that term is open source, I will be using it ;)

I've still got a Win98 box in service somewhere around here; I use
it for audio recording. Someone (possibly even me) renamed most
of the desktop icons ... OE's shortcut is "Outluck Depress". :-)

Kevin D. Kinsey

FWIW: Lists that set reply to sender: All FreeBSD.org lists
Lists that set reply to "group": All "Yahoo Groups" lists
My prefs: I couldn't care less, really.

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 09:16 -0500, Kevin Kinsey wrote:

> I've still got a Win98 box in service somewhere

My commiserations to you, I used that for a couple of years.

I suppose it could be worse though. It might have been WinME or Vista.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk