From: Dan Joseph on
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 9:33 AM, David McGlone <david(a)dmcentral.net> wrote:

> I'm not passing judgment, It just saddens me that I have to send
> multiple messages and this isn't because of anyone, it's because of my
> lack of knowledge on how to reply to lists that are set up in this way.
> But I think the "reply to list" like ash suggested solves the multiples
> problem.
>
> And on a positive note, If I wouldn't have brought this discussion up, I
> would have never known. Pretty sure I do now.

Every couple years this discussion comes up. Cracks me up every time.

When you hit reply all, just take out all the other addresses and leave the
list one in there. The list was setup like this years ago on purpose, and
they've stated in the past they don't want to change it..

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month. Promo
Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order

http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry
From: Peter Lind on
On 21 April 2010 15:41, Dan Joseph <dmjoseph(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> When you hit reply all, just take out all the other addresses and leave the
> list one in there.  The list was setup like this years ago on purpose, and
> they've stated in the past they don't want to change it..

And waste time every single time you post to the list ... why do
people become programmers/developers again? To end creating technical
solutions they can then avoid using by doing extra, pointless manual
work?

Anyway, if there's no chance of changing the minds of the people
administering the list, the discussion might as well end now.

--
<hype>
WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk
From: Daniel Brown on
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 09:41, Dan Joseph <dmjoseph(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> When you hit reply all, just take out all the other addresses and leave the
> list one in there.  The list was setup like this years ago on purpose, and
> they've stated in the past they don't want to change it..

And we won't, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it
probably does irk a few folks, so this will continue to come up now
and again. As annoying as some may find it, though, it's not
something we're going to change.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown(a)parasane.net || danbrown(a)php.net
From: Michelle Konzack on
Hello David McGlone,

> I give up. trying to reply to messages on this list is tedious. I can't
> pinpoint whether it's because the list is set up to make replies go to
> the OP or the OP has his reply-to in his mail client set, or most people
> are hitting the reply-to button instead of simply reply.

You are using Evolution and I am wondering,
why you do not use the "List-Reply Button"!

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator

itsystems(a)tdnet France itsystems(a)tdnet UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Gesch. Michelle Konzack Gesch. Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France 77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle(a)jabber.ccc.de
ICQ #328449886

From: Robert Cummings on
Peter Lind wrote:
> On 21 April 2010 15:41, Dan Joseph <dmjoseph(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> When you hit reply all, just take out all the other addresses and leave the
>> list one in there. The list was setup like this years ago on purpose, and
>> they've stated in the past they don't want to change it..
>
> And waste time every single time you post to the list ... why do
> people become programmers/developers again? To end creating technical
> solutions they can then avoid using by doing extra, pointless manual
> work?

Well most of us have read this thread now... and it kinda burned up
about 4 years worth of time to remove the extraneous addresses :B

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com