From: tedd on
At 5:06 PM +0100 4/23/10, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
>On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 09:16 -0500, Kevin Kinsey wrote:
>
>> I've still got a Win98 box in service somewhere
>

>My commiserations to you, I used that for a couple of years.
>
>I suppose it could be worse though. It might have been WinME or Vista.
>
>Thanks,
>Ash

Or the next wonderful thing, whatever that may be from M$.

As I saw in a recent cartoon (with a W.C. Fields imitation) "Yes, my
little chickadee with a couple of shots of bourbon and if you squint
your eyes just right, System 7 looks a lot like Mac OS X".

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 13:24 -0400, tedd wrote:

> At 5:06 PM +0100 4/23/10, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> >On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 09:16 -0500, Kevin Kinsey wrote:
> >
> >> I've still got a Win98 box in service somewhere
> >

> >My commiserations to you, I used that for a couple of years.
> >
> >I suppose it could be worse though. It might have been WinME or Vista.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Ash
>
> Or the next wonderful thing, whatever that may be from M$.
>
> As I saw in a recent cartoon (with a W.C. Fields imitation) "Yes, my
> little chickadee with a couple of shots of bourbon and if you squint
> your eyes just right, System 7 looks a lot like Mac OS X".
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd
>
> --
> -------
> http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com

I have heard good things about Windows 7, but I've not used it myself
yet (and don't really plan to)

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Daniel Brown on
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 13:20, Ashley Sheridan <ash(a)ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:

> I have heard good things about Windows 7, but I've not used it myself
> yet (and don't really plan to)

Wise.

[Sent from a Win7 PC.]

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown(a)parasane.net || danbrown(a)php.net
From: Adam Richardson on
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Daniel Brown <parasane(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 13:20, Ashley Sheridan <ash(a)ashleysheridan.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have heard good things about Windows 7, but I've not used it myself
> > yet (and don't really plan to)
>
> Wise.
>
> [Sent from a Win7 PC.]
>
> --
> </Daniel P. Brown>
> daniel.brown(a)parasane.net || danbrown(a)php.net
> http://www.parasane.net/ || http://www.pilotpig.net/
> We now offer SAME-DAY SETUP on a new line of servers!

I actually rather like Windows 7. I have one Windows laptop (Windows 7)
that I use for Windows development, one Mac laptop (Snow Leopard) that I use
for general web development, and a Linux box (Ubuntu) for server related
work.

Contrary to my experiences a few years ago, there is no real loser anymore,
they all are very nice and have their advantages.

Adam

--
Nephtali: PHP web framework that functions beautifully
http://nephtaliproject.com
From: Dan Joseph on
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Adam Richardson <simpleshot(a)gmail.com>wrote:

> Contrary to my experiences a few years ago, there is no real loser
> anymore,
> they all are very nice and have their advantages.

Well, I still believe that Linux is the better suitor for a server, but some
companies don't. So you really just have to adjust to their requirements
and needs. You're right tho, they all have their advantages.

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month. Promo
Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order

http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry