From: Ray Fischer on
Trolls is FUN! <otis(a)trollouters.org> wrote:
>On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:56:53 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>John Navas wrote:

>>> What you get for the money with the f/1.4 over the f/1.8 is speed,
>>> not IQ.
>>
>>The f1.4 also has more aperture blades, so the bokeh is a bit nicer as well.
>
>Post-processing plugins with depth-map masks afford an infinite number of

Don't use words you don't understand, troll.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Trolls is FUN! on
On 06 Nov 2009 07:28:51 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>Trolls is FUN! <otis(a)trollouters.org> wrote:
>>On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:56:53 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>The f1.4 also has more aperture blades, so the bokeh is a bit nicer as well.
>>
>>Post-processing plugins with depth-map masks afford an infinite number of
>
>Don't use words you don't understand, troll.

Good thing I didn't share the names of the plugins (yes, plural, more than
one do this) that I've used to design my own bokeh effects by defining lens
aperture patterns. Then applied to the gaussian-blur depth-map masks that
they use. Perhaps he is upset that he had to go look up what a depth-map
mask is?

3 bladed (sided) irises, 4, 6, 7, 8-sided irises for star-filter bokeh
effects, 12, 19, etc., elliptical, whatever. Also design the diameter, edge
softness, and annulus width for catadioptric lens bokeh emulations, the
works. Nearly any bokeh that is created by any lens design can be emulated
with this software, as well as bokeh effects that can't even be created in
optical lens designs.

Heaven forbid that someone should share truly helpful and easily accessible
information with troll idiots like you running around ruining it for
everyone.

YOUR LOSS!

And a huge loss for everyone. Caused by trolls like you. Now everyone has
to do the searching for that software based only on a vague description.
Good luck finding my most favorite and vastly configurable one as described
above, I've not seen it on the net for about two years. You useless trolls
taught me well. NEVER share the most important bits of information as long
as a news-group is being overrun and taken over by a pack of useless and
pathetic trolls. The trolls will only use that information to be better at
pretending to be photographers with the next newbies who can't immediately
see the trolls for what they truly are.

From: Ray Fischer on
Trolls is FUN! <otis(a)trollouters.org> wrote:
>On 06 Nov 2009 07:28:51 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>
>>Trolls is FUN! <otis(a)trollouters.org> wrote:

>>>Post-processing plugins with depth-map masks afford an infinite number of
>>
>>Don't use words you don't understand, troll.
>
>Good thing I didn't share the names of the plugins (yes, plural, more than

Go away, idiot troll.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ofnuts on
Trolls is FUN! wrote:
> On 06 Nov 2009 07:28:51 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

<snip prespoterous claims>

> YOUR LOSS!
>
> And a huge loss for everyone. Caused by trolls like you. Now everyone has
> to do the searching for that software based only on a vague description.
> Good luck finding my most favorite and vastly configurable one as described
> above, I've not seen it on the net for about two years. You useless trolls
> taught me well. NEVER share the most important bits of information as long
> as a news-group is being overrun and taken over by a pack of useless and
> pathetic trolls. The trolls will only use that information to be better at
> pretending to be photographers with the next newbies who can't immediately
> see the trolls for what they truly are.

I don't believe this stuff exists. Prove me wrong!

--
Bertrand
From: Martin Brown on
Ofnuts wrote:
> Trolls is FUN! wrote:
>> On 06 Nov 2009 07:28:51 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>
> <snip prespoterous claims>
>

>> YOUR LOSS!
>>
>> And a huge loss for everyone. Caused by trolls like you. Now everyone has
>> to do the searching for that software based only on a vague description.
>> Good luck finding my most favorite and vastly configurable one as
>> described
>> above, I've not seen it on the net for about two years. You useless
>> trolls
>> taught me well. NEVER share the most important bits of information as
>> long
>> as a news-group is being overrun and taken over by a pack of useless and
>> pathetic trolls. The trolls will only use that information to be
>> better at
>> pretending to be photographers with the next newbies who can't
>> immediately
>> see the trolls for what they truly are.
>
> I don't believe this stuff exists. Prove me wrong!

Google is your friend.

One such plugin is even unimaginatively called "Bokeh". I don't like the
results but then I have never been into lenses smeared in vaseline etc. eg.

http://alienskin.com/bokeh/index.aspx

Can't say I would recommend it.

Regards,
Martin Brown