From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 16:28:56 -0500, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:36:18 -0600, Educationg Trolls Is An Endless
>Task <etiaet(a)somewhere.net> wrote:
>
>>For the same reason that pros that shoot with P&S cameras will do the same, not only for the lens, but
>>for the sensor installed, no two being alike in noise performance for the same camera model.
>
>A pro using a P&S. That's like Hermann Maier using barrel staves as
>skis.

Award winning photos can be taken with a shoe-box pinhole camera in the
hands of a pro.

Those who think it's the camera that makes or breaks a photo is nothing but
a hardware worshipping snapshooter or pretend-photographer troll. They have
proved themselves no sort of photographer by claiming just so.

From: Frank on
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:36:18 -0600, Educationg Trolls Is An Endless Task <etiaet(a)somewhere.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 12:21:45 -0800, Frank(a)Zappa.com wrote:
>
>>I found a site w/ ISO 12233 photos. You can see how various lenses perform.
>>
>>http://www.the-digital-picture.com
>>
>>Look at this and shut up.

Lemon Laws are really for early Hyundai and a lot of GM cars. Not toyota. Get it?

From: tony cooper on
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 15:42:45 -0600, Outing Trolls is FUN!
<otif(a)trollouters.org> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 16:28:56 -0500, tony cooper
><tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:36:18 -0600, Educationg Trolls Is An Endless
>>Task <etiaet(a)somewhere.net> wrote:
>>
>>>For the same reason that pros that shoot with P&S cameras will do the same, not only for the lens, but
>>>for the sensor installed, no two being alike in noise performance for the same camera model.
>>
>>A pro using a P&S. That's like Hermann Maier using barrel staves as
>>skis.
>
>Award winning photos can be taken with a shoe-box pinhole camera in the
>hands of a pro.

Probably true. However a pro - a person who makes a living taking
photographs - would not depend on a camera that *might* be capable of
taking a good photograph. A .22 rifle *might* stop the charge of a
charging lion, but the serious hunter would want to be better armed.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Savageduck on
On 2009-11-07 16:16:23 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 15:42:45 -0600, Outing Trolls is FUN!
> <otif(a)trollouters.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 16:28:56 -0500, tony cooper
>> <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>>> A pro using a P&S. That's like Hermann Maier using barrel staves as
>>> skis.
>>
>> Award winning photos can be taken with a shoe-box pinhole camera in the
>> hands of a pro.
>
> Probably true. However a pro - a person who makes a living taking
> photographs - would not depend on a camera that *might* be capable of
> taking a good photograph. A .22 rifle *might* stop the charge of a
> charging lion, but the serious hunter would want to be better armed.

I think we have somebody close at hand who would be able to stop that
charging lion with a pointed stick, and capture the "tack sharp, frozen
in mid-stride" image of the event at the same time.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Dudley Hanks on

> On 2009-11-07 16:16:23 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>
> said:
>
>> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 15:42:45 -0600, Outing Trolls is FUN!
>> <otif(a)trollouters.org> wrote:

>>> Award winning photos can be taken with a shoe-box pinhole camera in the
>>> hands of a pro.
>>
>> Probably true. However a pro - a person who makes a living taking
>> photographs - would not depend on a camera that *might* be capable of
>> taking a good photograph. A .22 rifle *might* stop the charge of a
>> charging lion, but the serious hunter would want to be better armed.
>
> I think we have somebody close at hand who would be able to stop that
> charging lion with a pointed stick, and capture the "tack sharp, frozen in
> mid-stride" image of the event at the same time.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

Claiming all the while a pin-hole camera was used to capture the shot...

Take Care,
Dudley

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12