From: Leif Bloomquist on
"Ulf D. Harries" <spam(a)me.now> wrote in message

> Am I too late? Or is there still hope? I only need a single kit?

There's still plenty of demand, so I might grab another 20-pack of kits from
JPPBM and put them up on eBay. Probably won't be for a couple of weeks,
though. I'll announce it here.

From: Ulf D. Harries on
"Leif Bloomquist" <spam(a)127.0.0.600> wrote in message
> There's still plenty of demand, so I might grab another 20-pack of kits
> from JPPBM and put them up on eBay. Probably won't be for a couple of
> weeks, though. I'll announce it here.

Great, thanks!

From: Ferg on
I finally got around to putting mine together.... and it works a treat!

I used a samsung SFD-321B floppy drive, and modded the connector on the
drive mechanism in a similar fashion to the instructions provided. I
even removed the HD sensing switch so that I can now freely format HD
disks down to the 1581 format.

Since I am in the UK, and didnt have access to a spare power supply, I
found a company that supplies a USB to IDE HDD / CDrom enclosure which
comes with a switching power supply providing both the 5 and 12 volt
lines. The enclosure only cost £10 complete with the PSU.

I also managed to glue an original A500 disk release button to the
drive, so the facia fits perfectly.

Cheers Leif.

Fergus.

SbM wrote:
> Mark Smith <strandedinnz(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the kit though .. still not tried mine out yet, got to get a
> > known working Amiga drive first, think the one I have is snafoo.
>
> Same here, except my drives work fine but:
>
> a/ My external 1010 Amiga drive is not a Chinon mechanism and has the
> connector soldered the other way round, making it difficult to put in
> the 1581 case.
>
> b/ My A600 and A1200 drives have a slightly larger eject button that
> won't fit in the 1581 case.
>
> c/ I'd rather not use the drive from my A500.
>
> Well I guess I'll have to ask my fellow French commodorians for a spare
> Amiga 500 drive, then... ;-)
>
> Anyway, thanks again for the deal, Leif ;-)
> --
> [SbM]
> <http://sebastienmarty.free.fr> - <http://tradintosh.free.fr>
> <http://sbm.ordinotheque.free.fr> - <http://palmiciel.free.fr>
> "If the French were really intelligent, they'd speak English" (W. Sheed)

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: 6502 illegal opcodes questions
Next: X1541 adaptors