From: centallica on

"Thanks ... E-bay gives a 'slightly' warmer feeling of safety .. not
much mind but a little :-) "

Anders and myself can vouch for Leif being a great and fair guy to deal
with, he won't screw you or anyone...he's too much of a nice guy (he
was over at my place last weekend and will be over again this
weekend)...

But then again who am I ?
Brian :>)

From: Sam Gillett on

"Craig Taylor" <ctalkobt(a)gmail.com> wrote ...

> Question: Can you use a HD flippy assembly inside them? I would assume
> that the control lines / programming logic would default the assembly
> to low-density writes but it might come in handy to do it that way so
> as to not run into the same issues w/ formatting hd flippies.

You have the 1581 confused with 5 1/4" drives. The 1581 uses a 3 1/2"
mechanism.
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!

From: Anders Carlsson on
centallica(a)yahoo.com writes:

> Anders and myself can vouch for Leif being a great and fair
> guy to deal with,

Although I haven't yet made any business with Leif. I would think
anyone who (regularly) posts on Usenet using his real name is at
least as reputable as random eBay user. Funnily, it seems the lurkers
or newcomers to the newsgroup are the most hesitant ones.

--
Anders Carlsson
From: Golan Klinger on
centallica(a)yahoo.com wrote:

> Anders and myself can vouch for Leif being a great and fair guy to deal
> with, he won't screw you or anyone...he's too much of a nice guy

Seconded. Leif is doing this to help the community and rest assured, he is
completely trustworthy. If you're thinking about getting a 1581 kit, go for
it. Pop in a drive mechanism and you have a 1581 that is just like new with
no yellowing. Pretty hard to beat.

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.
From: Craig Taylor on

Sam Gillett wrote:
> "Craig Taylor" <ctalkobt(a)gmail.com> wrote ...
> >
> > Question: Can you use a HD flippy assembly inside them? I would assume
> > that the control lines / programming logic would default the assembly
> > to low-density writes but it might come in handy to do it that way so
> > as to not run into the same issues w/ formatting hd flippies.
>
> You have the 1581 confused with 5 1/4" drives. The 1581 uses a 3 1/2"
> mechanism.
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Sam Gillett
>
> Change is inevitable,
> except from vending machines!

No, I don't ... I'm asking if a HD 3.5 assembly can be used as some of
1581 units have problems formatting the HD 3.5 flippies.

- Craig Taylor
http://www.ctalkobt.net/cbm

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12