From: Leif Bloomquist on
Oops, meant 74,DRIVE NOT READY of course.

From: Nicolas Welte on
Leif Bloomquist wrote:
> "Nicolas Welte" <welte_spam(a)freenet.de> wrote in message
>
>> Works very fine, except for a small issue with the 1581 power LED not
>> blinking properly. I remember someone told me about this problem, I will
>> investigate ...
>
> You must have done something funny ;-) I tested your board before sending
> it, even without a mechanism attached. You can still talk to the drives,
> read error channel, and so on without a mechanism.

It depends on the mech I attach, and it's fine with the Chinon FZ-354.
For some reason, blinking doesn't work with my TEAC laptop mech. I'm
sure I will find a solution to this, though. Reading, writing and
formatting works like a charm, so everythings fine :)

Nicolas
From: Fergus Logan on
What are the known bugs in the first version rom, and is it worth upgrading?

Kind Regards
Fergus

From: xc8/bRONx on
I managed to find a 720k drive - Citizen OSDC-41C - , from an Acorn
Archimedes A3000. It looks like ok, I managed to load/save some BASIC
programs and issued some drive commands...

I only set a switch from DS1 to DS0...

The strange thing about this drive is that the LED (on the drive) is ON
for ever, (but the LED on the 1581 case works while there is activity,
as normaly),so I have to unsolder that LED.

I did not modify the ribon cable, as I see I can change disks without
any problem.

Rgrds

Chris

From: Anders Carlsson on
"Leif Bloomquist" <spam(a)127.0.0.316> writes:

> Phew! Finally caught up with shipping, and have relisted
> another batch of drives on eBay.

I thought you wrote that only five kits were left? :-) Or maybe
you went to pick up more kits now when you found how easily you
could sell those?

--
Anders Carlsson
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last