From: David Nelson on
So has anybody gotten a Chinon FB-354 working in one of the kits? I'm hoping
this drive will be a drop in without mod since it's used in Amigas, and it's
common enough.

From: Leif Bloomquist on
Guilty as charged ;-)

Actually, I only had two left when someone asked for four (!), and they are
only available in batches of 20, so I thought 'what the heck' and got
another case.

From: Anders Carlsson on
"Leif Bloomquist" <spam(a)127.0.0.316> writes:

> they are only available in batches of 20, so I [..] got another case.

Sounds like you're selling cheap beer. ;-)

Good effort to the community, and JPPBM must like it how much and
how quickly things can be sold once they are put into the sales cycle.

--
Anders Carlsson
From: Spiro Trikaliotis on
Hello,

Fergus Logan wrote:

> What are the known bugs in the first version rom, and is it worth upgrading?

The differences between the -01 and -02 ROM are minor: It is "just" one
SEI assembly instruction which was forgotten at some place.
Unfortunately, this "minor" bug means that WHENEVER the drive does
something, chances are it will corrupt arbitrary data. This, I would not
recommend ever using a -01 ROM, you should ALWAYS, in all circumstances,
use a -02 ROM. A -01 ROM is only "good enough" if you do not mind
loosing data every now and then.

Regards,
Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis http://opencbm.sf.net/
http://www.trikaliotis.net/ http://www.viceteam.org/
From: Wolfgang Moser on
Hi Spiro,

Spiro Trikaliotis schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Fergus Logan wrote:
>
>> What are the known bugs in the first version rom, and is it worth upgrading?
>
> The differences between the -01 and -02 ROM are minor: It is "just" one
> SEI assembly instruction which was forgotten at some place.
> Unfortunately, this "minor" bug means that WHENEVER the drive does
> something, chances are it will corrupt arbitrary data. This, I would not

mostly users will only recognize a corrupted directory
as Nicolas just told. This _could_ mean that a disk got
trashed completely (meaning arbitrary files on it) long
before the users gets a sign of that behaviour.

Womo
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: 6502 illegal opcodes questions