First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
IIS logs, time taken, substatus and ASP.Net
Hi... I've been doing some log analysis from one of our websites and I'm seeing some peculiar things. Specifically, I'm seeing that the time-taken column for some requests is running into multiple minutes, sometimes as high as 20 minutes - obviously far outside the limit of the ASP.Net timeout limit. My ... 15 Jul 2010 01:16
Get Gridview current field value
I have a Gridview template field 'Color'. I want to set its Text value to the string result of the following function: <%=fGetColorStringFromCounterIDLookup(intCurrentCounterID) %> where intCurrentCounterID is the value of the particular row's field value for the CounterID. How can I pass the current Coun... 1 Jul 2010 00:12
Calling form's web control
When page 1 goes to page 2, can page 2 get the values of controls on page 1? If I can, then I don't need to pass the parameters using Response.Redirect("Page2.aspx?name=John&age=35"); ... 30 Jun 2010 23:07
Web Deployment Project Directories
Does a Web Deployment Project in vs10 delete the current website and then install the new one. I noticed if I created a directory on the IIS website it did not get deleted. However, if I created a file on the IIS website it did get deleted. ... 12 Jul 2010 06:20
Windows identity getting confused between users
We are observing some strange behaviour in our web server logs where where the Identity of the currently logged in user seems to be getting swapped with another user. I will describe our set up before explaining further. We are running an asp.net web site (v3.5 of the framework) on 2 Windows 2008 web servers a... 30 Jun 2010 07:35
Visaul Web Developer 2010 Express deployment
I downloaded the VWD 2010 Express edition recently, it is free, right? How about the deployment? Install .NET 4.0? We have IIS, then do I need just the corresponding files, eg. .aspx, .html, web.config, .. etc. Any fees I need in order to run my websit/webpages? eg. license for VWD 2010? ... 6 Jul 2010 03:34
Application_AuthorizeRequest
I use the Sub Application_AuthorizeRequest in the application pipeline to do some custom page authorization. Basically I check the page requested and redirect to the Login page if needed. The problem is, every single request gets sent through here, including static files like .css. Is there a way for me to conf... 20 Jul 2010 01:37
VWD 2010 Express calls Win32 DLL
I sent this message to csharp newsgroup but I think I should put it here. I am looking into using Visual WebDeveloper 2010 Express edition to develope a simple web application. - a button on web page - click on it - calls a Win32 DLL function by passing a string type parameter as output parameter - this output... 28 Jun 2010 23:51
Application_AuthorizeRequest
Does anyone from MSFT want to respond to this question please? "MCM" wrote: I use the Sub Application_AuthorizeRequest in the application pipeline to do some custom page authorization. Basically I check the page requested and redirect to the Login page if needed. The problem is, every single request ... 28 Jun 2010 20:35
Fueling your car with natural gas from home
Dear Everyone, as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil is causing wars, terror, oil spills, a lot of greenhouse gases. Do you know that there is plenty of natural gas ? The supply will last for many decades, probably for hundred years. A lot o... 28 Jun 2010 17:17