From: Ron(UK) on
Eeyore wrote:

> William Black wrote:

>>> Sometime after a German chappie IIRC.
>> We're not mentioning Hero of Alexandria here.
>>
>> The idea that a Greek invented the motor car is one people tend to reject...
>
> Well there was a Cornishman ? who invented a steam car of sorts. Newcomen
> probably. Or was it the other chap whose name eludes me.

Trevithick, tho it depends on your definition of Automobile.

Ron
From: Ron(UK) on
Eeyore wrote:

> "www.locoworks.com" wrote:
>
>> Eeyore wrote:
>>> Well there was a Cornishman ? who invented a steam car of sorts. Newcomen
>>> probably. Or was it the other chap whose name eludes me.
>> Everybody knows that Henry Ford invented the automibile, just like
>> they know that Sony invented the video tape recorder.
>
> So who invented the CD ? ;~)

That was alien technology reverse engineered from the Roswell crash -
Greys need something to pass the long hours spent in intergalactic travel

Ron
From: Eeyore on

"www.locoworks.com" wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:

> > > Everybody knows that Henry Ford invented the automibile, just like
> > > they know that Sony invented the video tape recorder.
> >
> > So who invented the CD ? ;~)
>

> Al Gore?

Quite likely actually. :-)

Graham

From: Eeyore on

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> > William Black wrote:
> >> "Eeyore" wrote

> >> We're not mentioning Hero of Alexandria here.
> >>
> >> The idea that a Greek invented the motor car is one people tend to reject...
> >
> > Well there was a Cornishman ? who invented a steam car of sorts. Newcomen
> > probably. Or was it the other chap whose name eludes me.
>
> Trevithick, tho it depends on your definition of Automobile.

Ah yes, that rings a bell. Well they managed to crash it by driving it off the road
and then allegedly all went and got drunk so I think it must be one.

Graham