From: CWatters on

"realist" <realista14(a)gazeta.pl> wrote in message
> http://www.oswirus.krakow.pl/cat_14/gyroscope/

If the effect is large perhaps it would show up in the swing of a pendulum -
which could be considered to be a mass rotating in alternate directions
about a bearing?

From: Roy L. Fuchs on
On 15 Apr 2006 12:43:08 -0700, top9(a)gazeta.pl Gave us:

>The bearing's top is being robbed away so the friction couple rises,
>and that in turn causes the shortening of rotation's time. As we have
>used bearings made of very hard materials the effect should be very
>small. The later is just showing the experimental results proving at
>the same time that the measurements depend on preceding rotations of
>the same gyroscope. What is more, the time differences for the right
>and left rotations are big at the beginning of the series of
>measurements, then they go down as the time of gyroscope's movement
>rises, in other words, as the next measurements follow. It seems
>obvious that the bearings' irregularities would generate an opposite
>effect.

They get "seasoned" in the one direction, and then, eventually, in
the other. There is no contradiction.

You'll never get a definitive answer. The test is flawed inasmuch as
you are not observing every process at work when the gyro is spinning.
If you were, you would be aware of the sympathetic leaning the bearing
gives to one direction after a period of time.
From: Roy L. Fuchs on
On 16 Apr 2006 10:04:46 -0700, "realist" <realista14(a)gazeta.pl> Gave
us:

>it is not friction effects!

Stop answering your own posts under different nyms, idiot.
From: realist on
Roy L.Fuchs: "Stop answering your under different nyms, idiot."

Roy L.Fuchs:
""If you are talking about a captivated gyro, those bearings have
very
small perturbations in their operation. That would be a quite chaotic
perturbation, so results will never follow a trend, unless actual
metal
wear was involved."

"The best way is to spin the gyro up to speed, and release it from
the axle bearings.. Of course, this requires that you be in earth
orbit,
or other suitable gravity free environment. THAT free spinning gyro
could then be tested with reliable results. Hope you have several
years
to wait for each spin down though."

"This is simple. The bearing, even though it seems as a point to
you, is
actually a tiny swept surface thrust bearing. The one bearing that
holds
the weight of the gyro in a gravitational setting, like being on the
surface of a planetoid has quite a lot of pressure on that swept face
bearing. A ten pound gyro would make for hundreds of pounds per square
inch on the bearing face."

"Sure, that metallic bearing face is burnished by the ruby. It seems

reasonable to me to think that the burnished face of that mating
surface might be more slippery wiped one way, than the other. Then
after
being wiped the other way, the bearing would sympathize with that
direction friction wise. Thereby exhibiting the behavior in both
directions eventually. Again, an uncaptivated gyro in earth orbit
will
spin for a very, very long time. Many, many hours longer, yet will
show
no "spin direction sympathy" or "memory" attributes. The main clock
spring gyro in a clock mechanism rotates in both directions its entire
life.""

Who is idiot?

From: top9 on
what is it?