From: CWatters on

"realist" <realista14(a)gazeta.pl> wrote in message

> Open Appeal to American Physical Society:
> www.oswirus.krakow.pl/cat_14/gyroscope/OpenAppealtoAPS.doc

The more you push the harder it becomes for them to back down.

Personally I would repeat the experiments using totally different bearings
(air bearings?) and use electric braking to slow the rotor (eg something
well defined and not friction based).

From: realist on
very interesting review:
" The Report Referee A (Attachment 2)

According to us it mostly concerns the manuscript LN 8579,
not LW 8007. The reviewer stated that the prolonged movement times
observed in our experiment are "run-in" effects in tribology. Actually,
for needle bearings in tribology the "run-in" effect decreases the
movement times, which is contrary to the results of our experiments.
Moreover, the report pointed out only one incorrectness. The shortening
of rotation's time, expected theoretically, is due to the peculiarity
of the bearings used in the experiment. The bearing's top is being
robbed away so the friction couple rises, and that in turn causes the
shortening of rotation's time. As we have used bearings made of very
hard materials the effect should be very small. It's wrote in new
version manuscript (Revised 15May03).
We do not think that our simple experiment can be treated as
a mysterious effect, as suggested by the referee: " by drawing no
conclusion suggests mysterious effects in a simple mechanical system."
Moreover, it is hard for us to understand how the review could have
been done within one day (it was sent to referee on September 10, 2002
and returned on September 11, 2002).There also appeared a 45-days
review , but it did not give the foundation for Report A . It is a bit
strange that Prof. of Cambridge, being the co-author did not want to
answer PRL. "

From: top9 on
http://www.oswirus.krakow.pl/cat_14/gyroscope/
in Open Appeal to American Physical Society:
" 1. Author's rights (attachment 1).
We have always been the only authors of the manuscript LN
8579, submitted to PRL on 31st January 2002 . We are concerned why Mr.
Jerome Malenfant has been providing information about the status of
this manuscript to Professor Jacek K. of Cambridge, who was only a
co-author of the later manuscript LW 8007"

From: top9 on
e-mail from Professor Jacek K. of Cambridge to Jerome Malenfant -
Editor Physical Review Letters:
"Dear Professor Malenfant,
I am writing, with regret, to ask you to withdraw my name as an
author of this manuscript. While I am convinced that the effect it
describes is real, I found it impossible to work with Mr. Mazur, and
I was compelled to sever all connections with him. He is now free to
do what he wishes with the text. I hope you will understand, and I
am grateful to you for your patience.
Yours sincerely,"

From: realist on
Jacek K. - a very interesting Professor of Cambridge!!!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: Free Energy
Next: jar question