From: CWatters on

"Roy L. Fuchs" <roylfuchs(a)urfargingicehole.org> wrote in message

> Yes, yours is a bit more technically stated, but my response was
> also to the effect that whatever bearings are being used, there would
> be a surface reorientation, as you describe that would lend to
> rotation in one direction being favored up to the point that opposite
> rotational periods lead to a surface reorientation that favors the new
> direction.

They can eliminate this as a cause by turning over the gyro discbut leaving
the shaft and bearings unchanged. That way the bearings allways rotate in
the SAME direction - just the rotor alternates direction. The paper claims
they did this (Experiment 3 I think) but when I read the paper it seems they
didn't do this experiment exactly the same way. It should be a trivial
experiment to do so I don't understand why they haven't.

They should also repeat the experiment turning the rotor over twice so it
goes back on the same way up. Thats in case the act of removing the rotor
has an effect on the bearing.

From: top9 on
Re: Anomalous ``memory'' effects in a spinning top

By: Mazur,Jerzy et al. LW8007

Dear Dr. Mazur:

We've received an email from Dr. Bartelt in which he wrote that he
did consider figures 5-7 in your manuscript but that their content was
not important to his decision. He added though that the fact that the
paper contains no conclusive interpretation of the data presented in
these figures also argued against publication in PRL.

The memo that describes the PRL appeal procedure states, in part:

The author of a paper which has been rejected subsequent to an
appeal to a DAE may appeal to the Editor-in-Chief of the
American Physical Society. This request should be addressed
to the Chair of Divisional Associate Editors, who will forward
the entire file to the Editor-in-Chief. Such an appeal must
be based on the fairness of the procedures followed, and must
not be a request for another scientific review. The question
to be answered in this review is: Did the paper receive a
fair hearing? The decision of the Editor-in-Chief concludes
the consideration of the manuscript by the American Physical
Society.

Since the formal scientific review of the manuscript ends with the
appeal to the DAE, the additional revision that you indicated in your
emails that you're engaged in is not appropriate. You've been given
more than enough opportunities to revise this manuscript and/or LN8579
to bring one or the other up to PRL standards, without success. I
don't believe that any additional revision on your part will make
these articles acceptable. As stated above, the final appeal to the
Editor-in-Chief can only be on the basis of the fairness of the
procedure followed.

Yours sincerely,

Jerome Malenfant
Senior Assistant Editor
Physical Review Letters
Email: prl(a)aps.org
Fax: 631-591-4141
http://prl.aps.org/

From: Timothy Golden BandTechnology.com on

shevek4(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> realist wrote:
> > http://www.oswirus.krakow.pl/cat_14/gyroscope/
> >
> > Memory effect in its rotor?
>
> Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Allow me to quote from the
> discussion in the paper:
>
> "Given the results of the experiments described above, we believe that
> although friction
> is responsible for the gyroscope ultimately coming to a stop,
> frictional e?ects cannot
> be responsible for the e?ects observed. First, to a stop, frictional
> e?ects cannot be re-
> sponsible for the e?ects observed. First, they would depend on the type
> of material of
> the spinning disk, spindle or bearing. Second, needle bearing wear
> would reduce the
> rotation times (the spindle's top is being rubbed away which causes
> the moment of
> friction to rise) and not lengthen them, while surface rearrangement
> would not favour
> alternate directions of rotation, but would a?ect all the results
> equally. "
> Cheers - shevek

The torque on the bearing due to the rotation of the earth is not
discussed.
Why?

-Tim

From: Roy L. Fuchs on
On 13 Apr 2006 10:16:04 -0700, "Timothy Golden BandTechnology.com"
<tttpppggg(a)yahoo.com> Gave us:

>The torque on the bearing due to the rotation of the earth is not
>discussed.
>Why?

Coreolis force. Because the "memory effect" was claimed to occur in
both spin directions. If coreolis forces were a factor, it would only
show up in one direction.
From: top9 on
These effects are also on rolling bearing .

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: Free Energy
Next: jar question