From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>

| Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>> Asked and answered.

>> Why don't you agree to meet your new chum PCButts for dinner this
>> evening?

| That was a very juvenile response, Bts.

| Which part of this did you fail to comprehend? :-

| If you are quite certain of your facts then I believe you have a public
| *duty* - maybe in conjunction with all those who are in agreement with
| you - to bring about a prosecution of the offending individual.

| I cannot believe that help in not available to you in Obama's USA.

| "Put your money where your mouth is" comes to mind.

| As they say in the navy "Make it so!"

/* Provide the $50,000 USD ! */

--
Dave

From: Ant on
"Dustin Cook" wrote:

> "Ant" wrote:
>> I just found out that I'm older than Dustin Cook's dad. With regard
>> to computers, I've been operating/programming them since 1974.
>
> 4 years prior to my even existing. :) Not that it matters much. In 8 more
> years, I'll be older than my Dad.

Is he going to be stuck in time? Hang on a minute, are you saying he
was only 8 or 9 years old when you were born?

> I don't think I ever tried to say I'd be doing this longer than you Ant. :)

You never know, you may end up doing that - or does being an old geek
not appeal?

From: Ant on
"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Since 1974 ? Hmmmm. I doubt it that you were programming at that time.

Why would you doubt it?

> Have you used punch cards at all in your time at all ?

My first program was written on punch cards to run on an IBM 360 or
Raytheon minicomputer - I can't remember which. In fact, I still have
a box of them.

From: ~BD~ on
Dustin Cook wrote:
> ~BD~<BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> Mumia W. wrote:
>>>
>>> See this:
>>> http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r22225362-foxnewscom-infected~ti
>>> me=1240194878
>>>

>> The last post in that thread was most telling! Viz:
>>
>> "Please note people - you may think you removed it, but really did
>> not. Malwarebytes and others do not detect Rootkits. You should run
>> ROOTKITREVEALER. I thought I had cleaned this, and I had really not.
>
> That's not entirely accurate. Malwarebytes does detect some rootkits. As
> do the other programs. Some newer rootkits will prevent rootkitrevealer
> and/or gmer from even loading.
>
>> There was a deep and nasty rootkit involved here. Only way to remove
>> was to boot off a Windows CD, and delete hidden drivers. I would be
>> willing to bet that half the people think they clean this stuff and
>> its not really clean."
>
> Not very deep or nasty if you only had to delete files. Yes, I'm sure it
> was a pain because you couldn't do it while in windows, but it's still
> not what I would call deep.

Your comments read and noted, Dustin.

--
Dave
From: ~BD~ on
Ant wrote:
> "Dustin Cook" wrote:
>
>> "Ant" wrote:
>>> I just found out that I'm older than Dustin Cook's dad. With regard
>>> to computers, I've been operating/programming them since 1974.
>>
>> 4 years prior to my even existing. :) Not that it matters much. In 8 more
>> years, I'll be older than my Dad.
>
> Is he going to be stuck in time? Hang on a minute, are you saying he
> was only 8 or 9 years old when you were born?
>
>> I don't think I ever tried to say I'd be doing this longer than you Ant. :)
>
> You never know, you may end up doing that - or does being an old geek
> not appeal?

I may be wrong, but I think Dustin's dad died at an early age (40?).

It's always sad to lose a loved one.

--
Dave