From: ~BD~ on
Ant wrote:
> "~BD~" wrote:
>
>> David Lipman *has*
>> emailed me with evidence of 'catching out' hidden passwords in code used
>> by TRT/BCButts. I also had an email from TRT asking me to tell him/her
>> what DHL had said.
>>
>> My problem remains, though, in that there is no way I can be *100%* sure
>> which is telling the truth!
>
> You either accept what respected posters here (ACAV) say or you
> analyse the files yourself. I can say that I've also found evidence
> in butts' files that they were copied and altered by him in an attempt
> to conceal the real authors.

You come across as a wise man who knows much about computing matters;
I'm simply an observer of the people who post and how they interact. I
do not have the skill to analyse files.

On the website http://www.ms-mvp.org/ he/she says:

"On this page you will find a few utilities I created and some created
by others (Note: tools not created by me are the properties of the
respected owner/author as listed below) to aid in the repair of
compromised systems due to malware, spyware, viruses, and certain
Trojans These tools were designed to work on Windows 2000/XP systems
only unless otherwise stated in the product description."

I may be blind, but cannot see where he/she is claiming tools as his/her
own. If these tools do, actually, work - and their sole purpose is
designed to help others, maybe the 'real authors' should grant an
amnesty an/or join TRT in his/her effort to assist other people.

Might that help?

--
Dave
From: Leythos on
In article <4dqdnRAZPN8OdyTWnZ2dnUVZ7vednZ2d(a)bt.com>,
BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk says...
> I may be blind, but cannot see where he/she is claiming tools as his/her
> own. If these tools do, actually, work - and their sole purpose is
> designed to help others, maybe the 'real authors' should grant an
> amnesty an/or join TRT in his/her effort to assist other people.

Why don't you open the tools, run them, and or check the CREDITS for the
tools yourself?

If you do a little research on your own you will find that PCBUTTS has
taken the content of OTHER VENDORS and PERSONS files and placed it
inside his files. He's also been busted with the EXACT COPY of others
files where he forgot to take their names out of every location, but he
did change the obvious parts to his name....

Face it BD, Butts is a bad person, unethical to the max, and you appear
to be unable to validate/check anything on your own - his simple BATCH
file can be viewed with a text editor (notepad) and you can see the
signature that the real author placed there, that butts didn't know
about, and was then exposed in public - you already know this, David
sent you the information months ago, not to mention that it was posted
in these groups several times.

Trust yourself.
From: ~BD~ on
Leythos wrote:
> In article<4dqdnRAZPN8OdyTWnZ2dnUVZ7vednZ2d(a)bt.com>,
> BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk says...
>> I may be blind, but cannot see where he/she is claiming tools as his/her
>> own. If these tools do, actually, work - and their sole purpose is
>> designed to help others, maybe the 'real authors' should grant an
>> amnesty an/or join TRT in his/her effort to assist other people.
>>

> Why don't you open the tools, run them, and or check the CREDITS for the
> tools yourself?

In the past, I did try out all the tools. Nothing 'bad' seemed to happen
to me! (But I did /not/ check the credits at that time)

> If you do a little research on your own you will find that PCBUTTS has
> taken the content of OTHER VENDORS and PERSONS files and placed it
> inside his files. He's also been busted with the EXACT COPY of others
> files where he forgot to take their names out of every location, but he
> did change the obvious parts to his name....
>
> Face it BD, Butts is a bad person, unethical to the max, and you appear
> to be unable to validate/check anything on your own - his simple BATCH
> file can be viewed with a text editor (notepad) and you can see the
> signature that the real author placed there, that butts didn't know
> about, and was then exposed in public - you already know this, David
> sent you the information months ago, not to mention that it was posted
> in these groups several times.

As I said to BTS, if you are so certain about this, and it bothers
everyone so much, surely you could all band together and bring a
prosecution against him/her?

To constantly whine about someone being 'bad', yet doing nothing about
it, is anathema to me.

Make it so!

--
Dave

From: Leythos on
In article <IpKdnVyo6fjCbyTWnZ2dnUVZ8u-dnZ2d(a)bt.com>,
BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk says...

> Leythos wrote:
> > In article<4dqdnRAZPN8OdyTWnZ2dnUVZ7vednZ2d(a)bt.com>,
> > BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk says...
> >> I may be blind, but cannot see where he/she is claiming tools as his/her
> >> own. If these tools do, actually, work - and their sole purpose is
> >> designed to help others, maybe the 'real authors' should grant an
> >> amnesty an/or join TRT in his/her effort to assist other people.
> >>

> > Why don't you open the tools, run them, and or check the CREDITS for the
> > tools yourself?
>
> In the past, I did try out all the tools. Nothing 'bad' seemed to happen
> to me! (But I did /not/ check the credits at that time)
>

> > If you do a little research on your own you will find that PCBUTTS has
> > taken the content of OTHER VENDORS and PERSONS files and placed it
> > inside his files. He's also been busted with the EXACT COPY of others
> > files where he forgot to take their names out of every location, but he
> > did change the obvious parts to his name....
> >
> > Face it BD, Butts is a bad person, unethical to the max, and you appear
> > to be unable to validate/check anything on your own - his simple BATCH
> > file can be viewed with a text editor (notepad) and you can see the
> > signature that the real author placed there, that butts didn't know
> > about, and was then exposed in public - you already know this, David
> > sent you the information months ago, not to mention that it was posted
> > in these groups several times.
> >

> As I said to BTS, if you are so certain about this, and it bothers
> everyone so much, surely you could all band together and bring a
> prosecution against him/her?
>
> To constantly whine about someone being 'bad', yet doing nothing about
> it, is anathema to me.
>
> Make it so!

Why don't you actually look up what is involved in making a formal
charge of copyright theft to the police and come back and tell us how
easy it is, in your own words....

Trust yourself.
From: Dustin Cook on
~BD~ <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in

> Mumia W. wrote:
>> On 04/04/2010 04:01 PM, David Kaye wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> I noted the file date/time and have looked back on this. The exploit
>>> appears to have come from foxnews, officedepot, or officemax -- the
>>> time stamps are within a few seconds of each other and show up right
>>> before the time stamp that was written to the temp directory in my
>>> documents and settings tree.
>>> [...]
>>
>> See this:
>> http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r22225362-foxnewscom-infected~ti
>> me=1240194878
>>

> The last post in that thread was most telling! Viz:
>
> "Please note people - you may think you removed it, but really did
> not. Malwarebytes and others do not detect Rootkits. You should run
> ROOTKITREVEALER. I thought I had cleaned this, and I had really not.

That's not entirely accurate. Malwarebytes does detect some rootkits. As
do the other programs. Some newer rootkits will prevent rootkitrevealer
and/or gmer from even loading.

> There was a deep and nasty rootkit involved here. Only way to remove
> was to boot off a Windows CD, and delete hidden drivers. I would be
> willing to bet that half the people think they clean this stuff and
> its not really clean."

Not very deep or nasty if you only had to delete files. Yes, I'm sure it
was a pain because you couldn't do it while in windows, but it's still
not what I would call deep.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior