From: Dustin Cook on
"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in news:hpb21k$ltm$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> "ASCII" <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
>
>> Keep pecking for the truth Dave, as a former electronics
>> troubleshooter I've
>> learned not to be distracted by a puff of smoke from some subsequently
>> affected component that's not the primary cause of the issue at hand.
>
> I once blew some cigarrette smoke into a co-worker's UHF transceiver
> (bench technincians). You shoulda seen his face when he turned back and
> saw that gently rising smoke coming from the fan housing. :oD
>
> Sorry, just back from a walk down memory lane...

HEHEHE.. you should do that when someone is adjusting the finals in a
linear. A friend of mine has a texas star sweet 16 (I'm sure you both know
what it is) and I blew smoke near him once when he was servicing one of the
finals. you should have seen the expression on his face.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: ~BD~ on
David Kaye wrote:
> ~BD~<BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Did you speak to Ray Banana about the possible server fault at E-S
>> causing your clock error?
>>

> First, I don't have a clock error. My clock was and is correct.

My apologies for not wording that well. I accepted what you had said all
along, although I didn't understand it.

> Second, I didn't speak to anyone at ES. I simply emailed them on their form. So, they probably jostled something with their foot and
everything is fine now.

I knew as soon as I'd hit 'send' that I shouldn't have said "speak" - I
meant to say contact! It is disappointing that you received no response
with an explanation. It would be interesting to learn what the actual
'fault' was.

--
Dave
From: FromTheRafters on
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>>It's the first Sunday in April.
>>

> But Germany advanced to summer time last Sunday, 3/28/10.

So did all of my clocks except my automatic bedside clock, which waited
until today.

From: FromTheRafters on
> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
>
>>Whatever the issue it appears to be fixed as it is 1732 hrs my time
>>and your
>> post appears
>>as 1719 hrs so it is a MOOT POINT now.
>
> And I call your attention to the fact that (1) I wrote an email to
> Eternal
> September suggesting there was a daylight time problem, and (2) I did
> no
> changes to this computer between last night and now.
>
> Thus, to the folks who doubted me and took your textbook theory and
> threw it
> at me, you might re-examine what you post and not make yourselves look
> so
> foolish in the future.

Thanks for *finally* fixing your clock! <BEG>

From: FromTheRafters on
> ~BD~ <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Did you speak to Ray Banana about the possible server fault at E-S
>>causing your clock error?
>>

> First, I don't have a clock error. My clock was and is correct.
> Second, I
> didn't speak to anyone at ES. I simply emailed them on their form.
> So, they
> probably jostled something with their foot and everything is fine now.

Until the next time you lag from old daylight wasting time to new
daylight wasting time.