From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Sun, 04 Apr 2010 04:46:27 GMT:

>> Maybe David Kaye has not used the very latest virus *update*. I don't
>> know, but something is odd if TRT's Avast! does catch the rogue file yet
>> David's doesn't!

| You guys are unbelievable. Once again, for the 3rd or is it the 4th
| time,

Hu?

Could you /please/ repeat that?

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: gufus on
Hello, FromTheRafters!

You wrote on Sun, 4 Apr 2010 07:57:45 -0400:

>> I'm thiking of going back to ZoneAlarm since Windows firewall was so
>> easy to
>> disable.
|
| Hmmm...

If a person can set COMODO's firewall right, it woks /GREAT/

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: David Kaye on
"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>The best thing to know would be exactly what was on the exploit riddled
>website.

That's what I'm hoping someone would be able to answer here. But these
newsgroups seem stacked with people who are quick to admonish others but not
add much constructive information.

From: David Kaye on
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>All Usenet is based on GMT therefore your clock may be correct bu the wrong
> time zone.

Once again, for those of you who don't read, my time is set to Pacirfic Time
(U.S. & Canada), and the automatic advance for daylight time is set. When I
ran the API call that queries the time information the system said that I was
at GMT -7 hours, which is correct.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my computer. It is set correctly. The
only thing I can think of is that News Xpress, my antiquated news reader
(originally written for Windows 3.1) messes with the time somehow. But, to be
honest, I don't wish to devote the time to figuring this out. I'm knee-deep
in work this weekend and already have to cancel my visit to a couple social
events I'd rather visit this afternoon.

From: David Kaye on
Avast is an anti-malware program, not simply an anti-virus program, according
to their website. Here's what it says:

Antivirus and anti-spyware
Ensures all mails sent and received are clean
Keeps you protected from "chat" infections
Stops attacks from hijacked websites
Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7
For non-commercial use only