From: David Kaye on
ASCII <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote:

>My reader shows that you message was posted just a couple or three minutes ago
>so I'm guessing it not on your end.
>BTW: PDT here as well

THANK YOU!!!! Last night I sent an email to Eternal September suggesting that
there was a daylight time problem on their server. Apparently they've
adjusted whatever they needed to adjust.

My posting time is 2:03:18pm PDT
From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Sun, 4 Apr 2010 16:50:45 -0400:

| Whatever it is -- the fault lies in you PC.

He /doesn't/ get it :-(
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: David Kaye on
sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:

>My posting time is 2:03:18pm PDT

Okay, I just read back the message. It says the post time was:
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 21:03:23 GMT

It was indeed 21:03 when I sent it. So the glitch was fixed by Eternal
September. Lemme see if they sent me email on this...nope, nothing from them,
but then I don't answer all emails, either.

From: Dustin Cook on
sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote in

> sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:
>
>>My posting time is 2:03:18pm PDT
>
> Okay, I just read back the message. It says the post time was:
> Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 21:03:23 GMT
>
> It was indeed 21:03 when I sent it. So the glitch was fixed by
> Eternal September. Lemme see if they sent me email on this...nope,
> nothing from them, but then I don't answer all emails, either.

Glad you've got it sorted out. :)
You said you were a News Xpress user? have you tried Xnews? It's very
similar but with some of the bugs in News Xpress worked out.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: David Kaye on
"gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote:
>Hello, David!
>
>You wrote on Sun, 4 Apr 2010 16:50:45 -0400:
>

> | Whatever it is -- the fault lies in you PC.
> |

>He /doesn't/ get it :-(

No, YOU FOLKS DON'T GET IT. My PC is fine. I happen to be a programmer. I
can do API function calls in my sleep. I checked this computer and everything
was properly set and the information returned was correct.

The fact that the post time is correct now means that Eternal September fixed
some problem at THEIR END because I haven't touched a single setting on this
computer.

Here are the pieces of code (VB style, in this case) I used to determine that
the time zone, UTC offset, and daylight flags were correct:

Type TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION
Bias As Long
StandardName(32) As Integer
StandardDate As SYSTEMTIME
StandardBias As Long
DaylightName(32) As Integer
DaylightDate As SYSTEMTIME
DaylightBias As Long
End Type
Declare Function GetTimeZoneInformation Lib "kernel32" Alias
"GetTimeZoneInformation" (lpTimeZoneInformation As TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION) As
Long
Declare Function SetTimeZoneInformation Lib "kernel32" Alias
"SetTimeZoneInformation" (lpTimeZoneInformation As TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION) As
Long