From: David Kaye on
"gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote:

>BTW, check your setup, your clock is wrong.

For the 4th or 5th time, my clock is perfectly fine. It's the clock on my
news server at Eternal September.

Presently my clock says 8:40::03pm; that's Pacific Daylight Time.
From: David Kaye on
~BD~ <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Maybe David Kaye has not used the very latest virus *update*. I don't
>know, but something is odd if TRT's Avast! does catch the rogue file yet
>David's doesn't!

You guys are unbelievable. Once again, for the 3rd or is it the 4th time,
both the Avast program and the definition file are as current as current can
be, and Avast is also set to install both program and definition updates
automatically.

The FACT is that a version of ave.exe managed to get into my main computer,
bypassing Avast entirely. Not only that but as an exe, ave.exe managed to
download and install without Windows being the wiser, either. I can
understand a Java or a VB script or some piece of code in Acrobat sneaking in,
but this was an exe!

The first I heard about it was when Windows warned me that the firewall had
been turned off.

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
David Kaye wrote:

> Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 04:40:04 GMT

> "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> BTW, check your setup, your clock is wrong.
>
> For the 4th or 5th time, my clock is perfectly fine. It's the clock
> on my news server at Eternal September.
>
> Presently my clock says 8:40::03pm; that's Pacific Daylight Time.

Let's see .. I'm using eternal-september as well. What's mine say?

--
-bts
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

Mine:
> Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 23:54:21 -0400

> David Kaye wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 04:40:04 GMT
>
>> "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, check your setup, your clock is wrong.
>>
>> For the 4th or 5th time, my clock is perfectly fine. It's the clock
>> on my news server at Eternal September.
>>
>> Presently my clock says 8:40::03pm; that's Pacific Daylight Time.
>
> Let's see .. I'm using eternal-september as well. What's mine say?

Ah. It seems I've posted "nearly an hour before you." How do you explain
that everyone else sees your clock an hour in the future?

Currently 11:57pm Eastern Daylight Time

--
-bts
From: Heather on

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote in message
> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
> Mine:
>> Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 23:54:21 -0400
>
>> David Kaye wrote:
>>> Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 04:40:04 GMT

>>> For the 4th or 5th time, my clock is perfectly fine. It's the clock
>>> on my news server at Eternal September.
>>>
>>> Presently my clock says 8:40::03pm; that's Pacific Daylight Time.
>>
>> Let's see .. I'm using eternal-september as well. What's mine say?
>
> Ah. It seems I've posted "nearly an hour before you." How do you explain
> that everyone else sees your clock an hour in the future?
>
> Currently 11:57pm Eastern Daylight Time

OK Shaggy......I will add to this cuz I have an obsession re correct time.
He has his Time Zone set wrongly.......right? As it is now Daylight SAVING
Time (which he may not have checked off), it is only 4 hours different to
GMT........not 5.

Da Blonde.......at 12:05 am Sunday, April 4, Eastern Standard Time, 4 hours
behind Greenwich Mean Time (aka Zero or Zulu time)