From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>

| David H. Lipman wrote:

| To be clear:

>> They *blocked access* to an IP and had signature detection for his plagiarized
>> utility. Not
>> a crime in any sense of the word.

| That, dear Sir, is a matter of opinion ...... IMO.

It is NOT an opinion. Even if (and this is a big if) the personnel at Malwarebytes were
wrong, it does not rise to the level of a crime.

The fact is I know the personnel in the Malwarebytes staff and I know what they know and
they have seen the proof that Butts has been plagiarizing the works of their peers. The
information they have seen goes well BEYOND the information that is publicly available.

Additionally, if one was to go by your faulty logic, Butts would be acting criminally for
blocking access to PCTipp Magazine, an organization within the International Data Group
(IDG). The worlds largest publisher.

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hi Heather,

04 Apr 10, Heather writes to gufus:

> Just so you know. And my daughter lives out west, so I am
> well aware of time zones.

Me too

I'm glad we got that straight hu, I'm in AB not BC.

All of CDN except Sask is on MDT including Toronto, so....

-- cut here --
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT -7 hours
Daylight saving time: +1 hour
Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -6 hours
Time zone abbreviation: MDT - Mountain Daylight Time
-- cut here --

Which means email/usergroups headers should read -0600

gufus

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... People smart enough to give good advice are usually smart enough to give no
From: ~BD~ on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "~BD~"<BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>
>
> | David H. Lipman wrote:
>
> | To be clear:
>
>>> They *blocked access* to an IP and had signature detection for his plagiarized
>>> utility. Not
>>> a crime in any sense of the word.
>
> | That, dear Sir, is a matter of opinion ...... IMO.
>
> It is NOT an opinion. Even if (and this is a big if) the personnel at Malwarebytes were
> wrong, it does not rise to the level of a crime.

In *your* view!

> The fact is I know the personnel in the Malwarebytes staff and I know what they know and
> they have seen the proof that Butts has been plagiarizing the works of their peers. The
> information they have seen goes well BEYOND the information that is publicly available.

I /really/ do not like secrets.

> Additionally, if one was to go by your faulty logic, Butts would be acting criminally for
> blocking access to PCTipp Magazine, an organization within the International Data Group
> (IDG). The worlds largest publisher.

You now seem to be telling me that, in your opinion, his tools (or some
of them) *are* effecting the normal operation of a computer on line.

Yet you and your peers have done *nothing* about this as far as I can
tell. Is that the case?

--
Dave
From: Heather on
> All of CDN except Sask is on MDT including Toronto, so....

Hi Gufus.......

Unless you mean DST instead of MDT, you have this wrong. FWIW, there are
SIX time zones in Canada......not 5 as most people think. AB is 6 hours
behind GMT.....BC is 7 hrs behind.......I am only 3 hrs behind........now I
will leave it to you to figure out what the 6th time zone is, lol.

See......teaching ******* does have its intellectual points. And because
that fatuous idiot in Devon reads these groups, I will not divulge what I
taught that involved time and space.

Cheers.......Heather

From: gufus on
Hello, Heather!

You wrote on Mon, 5 Apr 2010 19:33:16 -0400:

H> Unless you mean DST instead of MDT, you have this wrong. FWIW, there

Ops... Yes ... that's a typo, I meant DST.

H> behind........now I will leave it to you to figure out what the 6th time

Naaaaaaaaa... not interested, my /point/ was one can get glitches fixed, as
long as they listen. :-)

H> See......teaching ******* does have its intellectual points. And

I'm not teaching, never! more like sleeping. <grin>

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca