From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Leonard Agoado" <agoado(a)msn.com>

| "Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote

>> Punch cards, both the 96 and the earlier version as well as having to
>> toggle instructions into the "computer" via switches and then
>> increment... We've come a long way since those days.

| Punch cards using FORTRAN with WatIV and WatV.

| Nothing like the feeling of a stack of cards clutched in your hand as
| the squeezed middle explodes and scatters upward on your way to the
| batch tray. Next two hours on a wide expanse of floor reordering them -
| "Here's 0001, now here's 0693, now 0428, oh yeah 0002 after 0001, here's
| 1867..."

:-)

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Heather" <fergie(a)canada.invalid>

| "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote
>> Heather wrote:

>>> The Newfies becoming Canadians?? Or their strange time zone, lol.

>> Yes.

>> <g>

| ahhhh, but they picked us over you..........so they can't be all that dumb,
| lol.

| There are still 2 islands south of Nfld that belong to France, and I would
| love to go there. (St. Pierre et Miquelon.....they speak 17th century
| Basque French)

| XX Figgs

REALLY ?

I had NO IDEA !

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hello, Heather!

You wrote on Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:13:48 -0400:

H> More along the lines of a *something*........with an insatiable
H> curiosity and running out of time to learn it all.

Hehehrehe... well don't bash your brain, I have /lot's/ on my plate too,
from running a payroll, to pay my staff and the rest of the stuff in my life
to deal with.

Keep cool...

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:30:41 -0400:

DHL> REALLY ?
DHL>
DHL> I had NO IDEA !

Email tag... you it!

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>

| Hello, David!

| You wrote on Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:30:41 -0400:

DHL>> REALLY ?

DHL>> I had NO IDEA !

| Email tag... you it!

Nope... YOU it...