From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:44:31 -0400:

DHL> Nope... YOU it...

PING!
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: Heather on

"David H. Lipman" wrote
> From: "Heather"

>>> Yes.
>
>>> <g>
>
> | ahhhh, but they picked us over you..........so they can't be all that
> dumb,
> | lol.
>
> | There are still 2 islands south of Nfld that belong to France, and I
> would
> | love to go there. (St. Pierre et Miquelon.....they speak 17th century
> | Basque French)
>
> | XX Figgs
>

> REALLY ?
>
> I had NO IDEA !

Yup!! My dad was from PEI and these two islands are just off the southern
coast of Newfoundland. It is like stepping back 100 years..........and my
French is not good enough.

They found evidence of the Vikings there......as well as in northern
Newfoundland, so good old Christopher Columbus came about 5 or 6 centuries
later.

History lesson........and no peeking in Wikipedia......where did Columbus
land in 1492. I am constantly amazed at how few Americans know. (G)

The History Teacher.

From: gufus on
Hello, Heather!

You wrote on Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:07:52 -0400:

H> The History Teacher.

Ono... what have I created. :(

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: Leythos on
In article <s4udnV8k44anPybWnZ2dnUVZ_sOdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>,
agoado(a)msn.com says...

> "Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote
>
> > Punch cards, both the 96 and the earlier version as well as having to
> > toggle instructions into the "computer" via switches and then
> > increment... We've come a long way since those days.
>

> Punch cards using FORTRAN with WatIV and WatV.
>
> Nothing like the feeling of a stack of cards clutched in your hand as
> the squeezed middle explodes and scatters upward on your way to the
> batch tray. Next two hours on a wide expanse of floor reordering them -
> "Here's 0001, now here's 0693, now 0428, oh yeah 0002 after 0001, here's
> 1867..."

HA HA HA - we got smart and started drawing a diagonal line down the
side of the stack, making it easy to see if a card was out of place.

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <hpggfv$q34$1(a)leythos.motzarella.org>, trt(a)void.com says...
> I still average hundreds of thank you emails everyday
> and my website averages 4000 hits per month.

Most porno sites get a lot of hits, and since you claim you make money
per hit.....

Trust yourself.