From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "~BD~"<BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>

>> | David H. Lipman wrote:

>> | To be clear:

>> | That, dear Sir, is a matter of opinion ...... IMO.

>> It is NOT an opinion. Even if (and this is a big if) the personnel at Malwarebytes
>> were
>> wrong, it does not rise to the level of a crime.

| In *your* view!

>> The fact is I know the personnel in the Malwarebytes staff and I know what they know
>> and
>> they have seen the proof that Butts has been plagiarizing the works of their peers.
>> The
>> information they have seen goes well BEYOND the information that is publicly
>> available.

| I /really/ do not like secrets.

>> Additionally, if one was to go by your faulty logic, Butts would be acting criminally
>> for
>> blocking access to PCTipp Magazine, an organization within the International Data
>> Group
>> (IDG). The worlds largest publisher.

| You now seem to be telling me that, in your opinion, his tools (or some
| of them) *are* effecting the normal operation of a computer on line.

| Yet you and your peers have done *nothing* about this as far as I can
| tell. Is that the case?

I'm not going to banter about with you. It won't sink in and I'll waste my time and
energy for nothing.

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Heather" <fergie(a)canada.invalid>

>> All of CDN except Sask is on MDT including Toronto, so....

| Hi Gufus.......

| Unless you mean DST instead of MDT, you have this wrong. FWIW, there are
| SIX time zones in Canada......not 5 as most people think. AB is 6 hours
| behind GMT.....BC is 7 hrs behind.......I am only 3 hrs behind........now I
| will leave it to you to figure out what the 6th time zone is, lol.

| See......teaching ******* does have its intellectual points. And because
| that fatuous idiot in Devon reads these groups, I will not divulge what I
| taught that involved time and space.

| Cheers.......Heather

Yepper Figgs +1

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-canada12.php

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hi David,

Monday April 05 2010, David H. Lipman writes to All:

> From: "Heather" <fergie(a)canada.invalid>
>| See......teaching ******* does have its intellectual
>| points. And because that fatuous idiot in Devon reads
>| these groups, I will not divulge what I taught that
>| involved time and space.
>| Cheers.......Heather

> Yepper Figgs +1

Who me? That was a typo, I ment DST, not MST. :)

gufus

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... This will not look good on a resume!
From: FromTheRafters on
"ASCII" <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
> ~BD~ wrote:
>
> <cut to the chase>
>
>> but in reality is a link to a hostile website.
>
> I still maintain that with a properly configured browser,
> there's no such thing as a hostile website.
> At least no more hostile than someone's carelessness permits.
> I've even gone so far as to exhort folk for an example,
> yet no one has arisen to that challenge.

Indeed, many exploits were of browser extensions rather than the browser
itself. I used to disallow scripting and would never have dreamed of
having my browser automatically open acrobat reader. IMO a 'properly
configured browser' as you put it, would be more like that - that shuts
off a major ingress vector right there.

From: Leythos on
In article <4bbc498f.2621750(a)EDCBIC>, me2(a)privacy.net says...

> Leythos wrote:
> >
> >Why don't you actually look up what is involved in making a formal
> >charge of copyright theft to the police and come back and tell us how
> >easy it is, in your own words....
>
> It means departing the security of being ensconced behind a keyboard and
> actually going to the a courthouse or local constabulary headquarters, being
> literate enough to read and sign the paperwork, and even use a confirmed real
> name in the process.
> It's a procedure that so far has winnowed out the empty polemic from anything
> of actual merit. Far easier to stay butt-planted at the terminal and spew
> complaints.
> The longer the campaign of negativity goes, the more credibility it confers on
> that said individual. What an irony that those self appointed 'experts' would,
> by their actions (or lack), lend legitimacy to someone they have declared
> unworthy. <g>

Since you "claim" to know what it takes, how does a person in the UK
files a complain for copyright theft in the USA, for a reasonable cost?

We already know the answer, but you don't seem to know yourself.

Trust yourself.