From: gufus on
Hi ~BD~,

Monday April 05 2010, ~BD~ writes to Dustin Cook:

> XPost: alt.privacy.spyware, microsoft.public.security.virus
> From: BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk

> Your comments read and noted, Dustin.

I dumped this thread!

Boring ....

gufus
--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... Don't stop at one bug.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "FromTheRafters"<erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org>

>> | "~BD~"<BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

>> | Software piracy isn't cybercrime?

>> Bindo !!

>> IP theft of the Internet is indeed a "cybercrime".

| It is exactly what TRT accused Malwarebytes of doing - and they did!

NO.

Malwarebytes never committed ANY crime.

They blocked access to an IP and had signature detection for his plagiarized utility. Not
a crime in any sense of the word.

--
Dave

From: FromTheRafters on
"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Since 1974 ? Hmmmm. I doubt it that you were programming at that time.
> Have you used punch cards at all in your time at all ? if that what
> you posted would be only be true.

I've been computering since 1972. Programming in BASIC, FORTRAN, ALGOL,
and COBOL. No IBM cards involved (did have paper tape though). I believe
Ant has been doing this longer than I. I may claim an earlier date, but
I believe he was "hands-on" where I was via teletype.

From: Peter Foldes on
> Not "frustrating" then?

Depends in what context. In your case Yes

--
Peter

From: ~BD~ on
David H. Lipman wrote:

To be clear:

> They *blocked access* to an IP and had signature detection for his plagiarized utility. Not
> a crime in any sense of the word.

That, dear Sir, is a matter of opinion ...... IMO.