From: FromTheRafters on
"Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
> In article <hphsc6$37d$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org says...
>> Electronic repair and maintenance of radar, IFF, and *other*
>> communications gear.
>>

> AT or AQ?

ETR "A" school followed by ETN "C" schools (they removed the distinction
at that time and made the ET class all encompassing). My "C" school
instructors often said things like "the exciter stage works the same as
it did in "A" school" and I would have to ask for clarification because
radar doesn't modulate that way. Most crypto, fire control, and ECM gear
was maintained from within their own departments. My favorite school was
the one at Xerox - that's some amazing stuff there. My favorite job task
was maintenance of a microwave site atop Mt. Vaca - one day I saw Mt.
Shasta, Heavenly (Tahoe), (Yosemite I think?), and the Golden Gate
Bridge from the tower. Many of the tests could be automated with the
Osborne - leaving time to go four-wheeling. :oD

From: Leythos on
In article <hpi02l$ti1$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org says...
> > AT or AQ?
>
> ETR "A" school followed by ETN "C" schools (they removed the distinction
> at that time and made the ET class all encompassing).

I was an AT, but I worked on the fire-control systems as well, they
created a shop that had both AT/AQ and each did the others jobs as
well..

CV-59 was the boat we floated on....

Trust yourself.
From: FromTheRafters on
> In article <hpi02l$ti1$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org says...
>> > AT or AQ?
>>
>> ETR "A" school followed by ETN "C" schools (they removed the
>> distinction
>> at that time and made the ET class all encompassing).
>>

> I was an AT, but I worked on the fire-control systems as well, they
> created a shop that had both AT/AQ and each did the others jobs as
> well..
>
> CV-59 was the boat we floated on....

LST-1189 (Gator Freighter) no avionics. Fire-control systems are cool,
but my ship type (Long Slow Target) wasn't really designed with much
shooting in mind (though it did have some three inch fifties).

From: ~BD~ on
FromTheRafters wrote:

>> What did you do in the US Navy, FTR?
>
> Electronic repair and maintenance of radar, IFF, and *other*
> communications gear.
>
>> Did you serve for a long or short time?
>
> Six years.
>
>> What work did you do when you left service?
>
> Worked on a DOD contract for a while, then bench technician, then
> installer (car stereos, discoth�que lights and sound, intercomm
> systems), then came home to care for elderly parents - and became a
> grocery store (supermarket) worker (that's where the white frocks and
> sharp objects come into play).
>
> ...it was time for a change anyway.

I've always known you are one of the good guys! ;-)

Many folk nowadays put their parent(s) into a home and take no
responsibility for their welfare. You'll no doubt be rewarded in heaven!

>> Unlike some, I made a complete change in direction when I became a
>> civilian!
>
> I guess that depends on the usefulness of the skill set you came away
> with. I would rather repair electronics than have a job where I had to
> carry a gun, don't get me wrong, I like guns - I just don't want a job
> that requires one (like teaching in school for instance) :oD

As You didn't ask, I won't bore you with detail!

Thank you for answering my questions.

--
Dave
From: ~BD~ on
The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> Like I said before MBAM started detecting my software first right after
> I complained about their non working protection module and their IP
> blocking once TeMerc saw my post.

TRT - maybe it would be helpful if you were to explain a little about
yourself. Where you grew up, some idea about your education, what work
you do, your marital status, whether you have any children or animals.

Just general things, together with a name we can call you by.

I have no truck with you, but you have alienated many people. Can they
all be wrong about you? OK - it's possible, but at present that seems
*highly* unlikely. You make it almost impossible to believe you.

--
Dave