From: Teilhard Knight on
"Jason" <Jason(a)winblows.net> wrote in message
>* Teilhard Knight <teilhk(a)privacy.net>:
>> Can you suggest a good commercial burning software for Mandrake 10.1 and
>> Mandriva LE2005? The burning software that comes with the download
>> distribution apparently does not support the burner in one of my machines
>> (10.1), and Nero for Linux doesn't seem to support Mandrake. Thanks.
>>
>> Teilhard.
>>

> Have you looked at k3b, eroaster or anyone of the, probibly literally,
> hundreds of others available in urpmi?

Thank you, I didn't know there were as many as hundreds of burning packages
in the repository. I have tried k3b, Eroaster, Gnome-Toaster, and Nautilus
CD-Burning. Gnome-Toaster doesn't even detect my burner, which is an
HL-DT-ST-DVDRRW-GWA-4083B. So, why don't you mention at least 5 more of the
thousands you tell me there are which might work?

Teilhard.

From: Teilhard Knight on
"ray" <ray(a)zianet.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:55:27 -0300, Jason wrote:
>
>> * Teilhard Knight <teilhk(a)privacy.net>:
>>> Can you suggest a good commercial burning software for Mandrake 10.1 and
>>> Mandriva LE2005? The burning software that comes with the download
>>> distribution apparently does not support the burner in one of my
>>> machines
>>> (10.1), and Nero for Linux doesn't seem to support Mandrake. Thanks.
>>>
>>> Teilhard.
>>>

>> Have you looked at k3b, eroaster or anyone of the, probibly literally,
>> hundreds of others available in urpmi?
>>
>> Jason
>
> Most of them are basically front-ends for cdrecord, so if cdrecord does
> not do a proper job, you're still up the creek.

Well, I must find a solution if I want to migrate from Windoze. Of the four
burners I have tried (please see the reply to Jason), not all behave the
same. k3b makes the best job, but it never finishes the burnings.

Teilhard.

From: Teilhard Knight on
"WCB" <wbarwell(a)Mungggedd.mylinuxisp.com> wrote in message
> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>
>> Can you suggest a good commercial burning software for Mandrake 10.1 and
>> Mandriva LE2005? The burning software that comes with the download
>> distribution apparently does not support the burner in one of my machines
>> (10.1), and Nero for Linux doesn't seem to support Mandrake. Thanks.
>>
>> Teilhard.
>
> Gcombust, and others. Underlying much of burning software is CDrecord.
> You may want to go to that website and see if there are notes on your
> particular burner or not. Theer were in the past a few oddball CDRW's
> that were poorly supported due to manufactor indifference.

The earliest version of Gcombust I found is dated 30 Jun 2003. I think it is
an old program for a DVD a DVDRAM burner of 2005. I still not check the
cDburner page, but I'll do it soon. Thanks for your feedback.

--
Teilhard

From: Teilhard Knight on
"Jim Townsend" <not(a)real.address> wrote in message
> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>
>> Can you suggest a good commercial burning software for Mandrake 10.1 and
>> Mandriva LE2005? The burning software that comes with the download
>> distribution apparently does not support the burner in one of my machines
>> (10.1), and Nero for Linux doesn't seem to support Mandrake. Thanks.
>
> As others have mentioned, all burning software uses the same
> core program to burn disks. It's called cdrecord.
>
> You say the software 'apparently' doesn't support your drive.
>
> Have you actually tried burning a disk ? If so, what errors are
> you getting ? It may be fixable.

Yes, I have tried to burn several CDs and the program which best performs is
k3b, but in the end fails on fixation. Gnome-Toaster doesn't even detect the
burner.

Teilhard.

From: Timmy 4x4 on
Teilhard Knight wrote:

> Can you suggest a good commercial burning software for Mandrake 10.1 and
> Mandriva LE2005? The burning software that comes with the download
> distribution apparently does not support the burner in one of my machines
> (10.1), and Nero for Linux doesn't seem to support Mandrake. Thanks.

Nero Linux works fine under LE2005.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: madwifi & ath_pci