From: Donald Tees on
Teilhard Knight wrote:
> "Jim Townsend" <not(a)real.address> wrote in message
>
>>Teilhard Knight wrote:
>>

>>>"Jim Townsend" <not(a)real.address> wrote in message

>>>Yes, I have tried to burn several CDs and the program which best performs
>>>is
>>>k3b, but in the end fails on fixation. Gnome-Toaster doesn't even detect
>>>the
>>>burner.
>>
>>FWIW, I have had the odd problem burning 700MB CDs on my Plextor
>>DVD burner using K3B.. It was dying on me at the fixation stage
>>and creating coasters.
>>
>>I went back to using bare cdrecord via the command line. I had no
>>trouble then..
>>
>>cdrecord -v speed=12 dev=ATA:1,0,0 yourisoimagehere.iso
>

> And how would it be if you want to burn a collection of files?
>
> Teilhard.

The only problem I have had with k3b has already been mentioned ... try
burning at a lower speed. My DVD gets read as a 4X, and k3b defaults to
that. If I simply try to burn, it never works. If I reduce the speed
to 2.4X, it works like a charm without fail.

Donald
From: Teilhard Knight on
"Jim" <chief_jim(a)go.com> wrote in message
> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>> "Wes Newell" <w.newell(a)TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message

>>>Unlikely. Why not list the burner make/model for better assistance. Also
>>>make sure you have the proper version of cdrecord loaded. Yes, there's
>>>more than one.
>>

>> Please see the response to Jason . I give there the details of my burner.
>> Are there packages of Cdrecord available?
>>
>> Teilhard.
> Really? What is a HL-DT-ST-DVDRRW-GWA-4083B? Make? Model?

According with my Googling it is product of TEAC Corporation, which has a
branch called TEAC America. The model is precisely what I give.

Teilhard.

From: Teilhard Knight on
"Wayne" <rondonjin(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:41:12 -0400, Jim wrote:
>
>>> Please see the response to Jason . I give there the details of my
>>> burner. Are there packages of Cdrecord available?
>>>
>>> Teilhard.
>>>

>> Really? What is a HL-DT-ST-DVDRRW-GWA-4083B? Make? Model?
>
> It's an LG I think. I'm running a HL-DT-ST GSA-4120B and it worked just
> fine with K3B and still does with Graveman.

http://www.driverfiles.net/DVD-Drives/TEAC-America/HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM-GSA-4040B/download/page,show,16413,493,25,.html

Teilhard.

From: Teilhard Knight on
"Donald Tees" <donald_tees(a)sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>> "Jim Townsend" <not(a)real.address> wrote in message

>>>FWIW, I have had the odd problem burning 700MB CDs on my Plextor
>>>DVD burner using K3B.. It was dying on me at the fixation stage
>>>and creating coasters.
>>>
>>>I went back to using bare cdrecord via the command line. I had no
>>>trouble then..
>>>
>>>cdrecord -v speed=12 dev=ATA:1,0,0 yourisoimagehere.iso
>>

>> And how would it be if you want to burn a collection of files?
>>
>> Teilhard.
>
> The only problem I have had with k3b has already been mentioned ... try
> burning at a lower speed. My DVD gets read as a 4X, and k3b defaults to
> that. If I simply try to burn, it never works. If I reduce the speed to
> 2.4X, it works like a charm without fail.

When I was having problems with fixation, I reduced the speed all the way
down until 1x. This didn't solve the problem either.

Teilhard.

From: Teilhard Knight on
"Robert M. Riches Jr." <spamtrap42(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> On 2005-08-13, Teilhard Knight <teilhk(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>> "Jim Townsend" <not(a)real.address> wrote in message

>>> FWIW, I have had the odd problem burning 700MB CDs on my Plextor
>>> DVD burner using K3B.. It was dying on me at the fixation stage
>>> and creating coasters.
>>>
>>> I went back to using bare cdrecord via the command line. I had no
>>> trouble then..
>>>
>>> cdrecord -v speed=12 dev=ATA:1,0,0 yourisoimagehere.iso
>>
>> And how would it be if you want to burn a collection of files?
>
> An ISO image _IS_ a collection of files. In case you aren't
> clear on the concept, you should use mkisofs to build an ISO
> image (in a .iso file) from the collection of files you want
> to put on the CD. Then, you use cdrecord to burn the ISO
> image to the CD. Then, when you mount the CD, you will see
> all the files that went into building the ISO image.

That is a good idea. But perhaps the problem arose because I was trying to
burn a file of about 1 Meg on a blank disk (I tried multisession too). I
have 6 machines and I have always preferred to burn in Windows and in a
particular machine which has two burners, so, I don't remember whether I
have used the particular burner I am talking about which is in another
machine except in Windows where it performs real fine. Maybe it was too
small a file to burn, but alas, it should do it.

Teilhard.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: madwifi & ath_pci
Next: What is MRL?