From: Teilhard Knight on
"mick" <mick(a)hotmall.com> wrote in message
> Have tou tried changing the media you are using ? Sometimes burners and
> media clash.

Of course I changed media. Only thing is that I only tried with rewritable
media because it was a small file.

Teilhard

From: Teilhard Knight on
"Wayne" <rondonjin(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:00:38 +0000, mick wrote:
>
>> Have tou tried changing the media you are using ? Sometimes burners and
>> media clash.
>
> I also found that if I left K3B set to 'Auto' with regard to
> burning speed I'd burn a coaster. I always made sure to set
> the speed myself, usually slower than what my burner is rated
> at.

Thank you for the info. I'll make sure to set the speed myself in the
future.

Teilhard

From: Teilhard Knight on
"WCB" <wbarwell(a)Mungggedd.mylinuxisp.com> wrote in message
> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>
>> "Jim Townsend" <not(a)real.address> wrote in message

>>> As others have mentioned, all burning software uses the same
>>> core program to burn disks. It's called cdrecord.
>>>
>>> You say the software 'apparently' doesn't support your drive.
>>>
>>> Have you actually tried burning a disk ? If so, what errors are
>>> you getting ? It may be fixable.
>>
>> Yes, I have tried to burn several CDs and the program which best performs
>> is k3b, but in the end fails on fixation. Gnome-Toaster doesn't even
>> detect the burner.
>>
>> Teilhard.
>
> What burner are you using?

HL-DT-ST-DVDRRW-GWA-4083B

Teilhard.

From: Teilhard Knight on
> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>
>> "Jim Townsend" <not(a)real.address> wrote in message
>
>>> Have you actually tried burning a disk ? If so, what errors are
>>> you getting ? It may be fixable.
>>
>> Yes, I have tried to burn several CDs and the program which best performs
>> is
>> k3b, but in the end fails on fixation. Gnome-Toaster doesn't even detect
>> the
>> burner.
>
> FWIW, I have had the odd problem burning 700MB CDs on my Plextor
> DVD burner using K3B.. It was dying on me at the fixation stage
> and creating coasters.
>
> I went back to using bare cdrecord via the command line. I had no
> trouble then..
>
> cdrecord -v speed=12 dev=ATA:1,0,0 yourisoimagehere.iso

And how would it be if you want to burn a collection of files?

Teilhard.

From: Robert M. Riches Jr. on
On 2005-08-13, Teilhard Knight <teilhk(a)privacy.net> wrote:
> "Jim Townsend" <not(a)real.address> wrote in message
>> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>>
>>> "Jim Townsend" <not(a)real.address> wrote in message

>>> Yes, I have tried to burn several CDs and the program which best performs
>>> is
>>> k3b, but in the end fails on fixation. Gnome-Toaster doesn't even detect
>>> the
>>> burner.
>>
>> FWIW, I have had the odd problem burning 700MB CDs on my Plextor
>> DVD burner using K3B.. It was dying on me at the fixation stage
>> and creating coasters.
>>
>> I went back to using bare cdrecord via the command line. I had no
>> trouble then..
>>
>> cdrecord -v speed=12 dev=ATA:1,0,0 yourisoimagehere.iso
>
> And how would it be if you want to burn a collection of files?

An ISO image _IS_ a collection of files. In case you aren't
clear on the concept, you should use mkisofs to build an ISO
image (in a .iso file) from the collection of files you want
to put on the CD. Then, you use cdrecord to burn the ISO
image to the CD. Then, when you mount the CD, you will see
all the files that went into building the ISO image.

Robert Riches
spamtrap42(a)verizon.net
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: madwifi & ath_pci
Next: What is MRL?