From: Jim on
Teilhard Knight wrote:
> "Wes Newell" <w.newell(a)TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
>
>>On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 07:16:01 -0500, Teilhard Knight wrote:
>>

>>>Can you suggest a good commercial burning software for Mandrake 10.1 and
>>>Mandriva LE2005? The burning software that comes with the download
>>>distribution apparently does not support the burner in one of my machines
>>>(10.1), and Nero for Linux doesn't seem to support Mandrake. Thanks.
>>>

>>Unlikely. Why not list the burner make/model for better assistance. Also
>>make sure you have the proper version of cdrecord loaded. Yes, there's
>>more than one.
>

> Please see the response to Jason . I give there the details of my burner.
> Are there packages of Cdrecord available?
>
> Teilhard.

Really? What is a HL-DT-ST-DVDRRW-GWA-4083B? Make? Model?

From: Wayne on
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:41:12 -0400, Jim wrote:

>> Please see the response to Jason . I give there the details of my
>> burner. Are there packages of Cdrecord available?
>>
>> Teilhard.
>>

> Really? What is a HL-DT-ST-DVDRRW-GWA-4083B? Make? Model?

It's an LG I think. I'm running a HL-DT-ST GSA-4120B and it worked just
fine with K3B and still does with Graveman.

Wayne
--
Registered Linux user #375994
You can try sending mail to the address in the headers but it

From: mick on
Have tou tried changing the media you are using ? Sometimes burners and
media clash.
From: Wayne on
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:00:38 +0000, mick wrote:

> Have tou tried changing the media you are using ? Sometimes burners and
> media clash.

I also found that if I left K3B set to 'Auto' with regard to
burning speed I'd burn a coaster. I always made sure to set
the speed myself, usually slower than what my burner is rated
at.

Wayne

From: Teilhard Knight on
"WCB" <wbarwell(a)Mungggedd.mylinuxisp.com> wrote in message
> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>
>> "ray" <ray(a)zianet.com> wrote in message

>>> Most of them are basically front-ends for cdrecord, so if cdrecord does
>>> not do a proper job, you're still up the creek.
>>
>> Well, I must find a solution if I want to migrate from Windoze. Of the
>> four burners I have tried (please see the reply to Jason), not all behave
>> the same. k3b makes the best job, but it never finishes the burnings.
>>
>> Teilhard.
>
> Do this if you have not. When you have set up K3B, and set up
> a data project, dragged and dropped your partions and files, and
> hit the "burn" button, at the top of the pop up window, go to the far
> right and hit advanced. You will see a long list of check boxes
> under iso9660. Hit them all. Save the setting. Now try burning.
>
> K3B as it comes is pretty restrictive about files naming
> conventions, and Linux is somewhat promiscous as to file
> names and details many programs will happily use. So you
> usually have to relax things to burn. Once you have done
> this, now try burning.
>
> All it takes is a few files a restrictive setting for iso9660
> filenames does not like to bring things to a halt.

Well, I'll try that the next time I need to burn something. As for now, I
changed from OS and burnt already.

Teilhard.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14