From: Teilhard Knight on
"Wes Newell" <w.newell(a)TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 07:16:01 -0500, Teilhard Knight wrote:
>
>> Can you suggest a good commercial burning software for Mandrake 10.1 and
>> Mandriva LE2005? The burning software that comes with the download
>> distribution apparently does not support the burner in one of my machines
>> (10.1), and Nero for Linux doesn't seem to support Mandrake. Thanks.
>>
> Unlikely. Why not list the burner make/model for better assistance. Also
> make sure you have the proper version of cdrecord loaded. Yes, there's
> more than one.

Please see the response to Jason . I give there the details of my burner.
Are there packages of Cdrecord available?

Teilhard.

From: Dave on
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:44:00 -0500, Timmy 4x4 wrote:

> Nero Linux works fine under LE2005.

K3B does more.

--
Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
AOLM FAQ - http://blinkynet.net/comp/faq_aolm.html
From: Jonatan de la Torre Gómez on
El Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:12:03 +0100, Dave escribiý:

> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:44:00 -0500, Timmy 4x4 wrote:
>
>> Nero Linux works fine under LE2005.
>
> K3B does more.

Try to get all the programs used by K3b, you'll find them in
"Preferences>K3bSetup>Programs" they aren't needed but useful.
For example "Mkisofs" "transcode" etc... you'll find the current
installed version also of each program.
From: WCB on
Teilhard Knight wrote:

> "Jim Townsend" <not(a)real.address> wrote in message
>> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>>
>>> Can you suggest a good commercial burning software for Mandrake 10.1 and
>>> Mandriva LE2005? The burning software that comes with the download
>>> distribution apparently does not support the burner in one of my
>>> machines (10.1), and Nero for Linux doesn't seem to support Mandrake.
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> As others have mentioned, all burning software uses the same
>> core program to burn disks. It's called cdrecord.
>>
>> You say the software 'apparently' doesn't support your drive.
>>
>> Have you actually tried burning a disk ? If so, what errors are
>> you getting ? It may be fixable.
>
> Yes, I have tried to burn several CDs and the program which best performs
> is k3b, but in the end fails on fixation. Gnome-Toaster doesn't even
> detect the burner.
>
> Teilhard.

What burner are you using?

--

Xenu is around and about,
mention Hubbard, Xenu pops out!

Cheerful Charlie
From: WCB on
Teilhard Knight wrote:

> "ray" <ray(a)zianet.com> wrote in message

>>> Have you looked at k3b, eroaster or anyone of the, probibly literally,
>>> hundreds of others available in urpmi?
>>>
>>> Jason
>>
>> Most of them are basically front-ends for cdrecord, so if cdrecord does
>> not do a proper job, you're still up the creek.
>
> Well, I must find a solution if I want to migrate from Windoze. Of the
> four burners I have tried (please see the reply to Jason), not all behave
> the same. k3b makes the best job, but it never finishes the burnings.
>
> Teilhard.

Do this if you have not. When you have set up K3B, and set up
a data project, dragged and dropped your partions and files, and
hit the "burn" button, at the top of the pop up window, go to the far
right and hit advanced. You will see a long list of check boxes
under iso9660. Hit them all. Save the setting. Now try burning.

K3B as it comes is pretty restrictive about files naming
conventions, and Linux is somewhat promiscous as to file
names and details many programs will happily use. So you
usually have to relax things to burn. Once you have done
this, now try burning.

All it takes is a few files a restrictive setting for iso9660
filenames does not like to bring things to a halt.

--

Xenu is around and about,
mention Hubbard, Xenu pops out!
No way for the clams to stamp Xenu out,