From: Peter on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:49:10 -0800, John McWilliams
> <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On 1/20/10 PDT 7:49 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>>> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit
>>> dorky. This photograph, taken at the practice field for the East-West
>>> Shrine Game to be held in Orlando, seems to prove my point.
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/769666832_Z2Svd-XL.jpg
>>
>>Shoot, tony, you must be really bored to try to start with the C v N
>>bits....but just to help out: I've always thought many Nikon owners were
>>supercilious, insecure and pedantic!
>>
>>And look at the dork in the bg of the pic: long lens, but mono mounted
>>on camera body.....
>
> Yeah, but the Nikon guy is the one in the cool hat. We pedantic types
> notice details like this.

Is that Nikon guy a member of your club?

--
Peter

From: Peter on
> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit
> dorky. This photograph, taken at the practice field for the East-West
> Shrine Game to be held in Orlando, seems to prove my point.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/769666832_Z2Svd-XL.jpg

Suggested title:
"Who spotted the cheerleader without her panties"

--
Peter

From: Pete on
Peter wrote
> Suggested title:
> "Who spotted the cheerleader without her panties"

Wouldn't that need an Olym pus in the picture?

Pete

From: Chris Malcolm on
In rec.photo.digital tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:49:10 -0800, John McWilliams
> <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>>On 1/20/10 PDT 7:49 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>>> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit
>>> dorky. This photograph, taken at the practice field for the East-West
>>> Shrine Game to be held in Orlando, seems to prove my point.
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/769666832_Z2Svd-XL.jpg
>>
>>Shoot, tony, you must be really bored to try to start with the C v N
>>bits....but just to help out: I've always thought many Nikon owners were
>>supercilious, insecure and pedantic!
>>
>>And look at the dork in the bg of the pic: long lens, but mono mounted
>>on camera body.....

> Yeah, but the Nikon guy is the one in the cool hat. We pedantic types
> notice details like this.

Clearly it's time Canon & Nikon woke up to the marketing opportunities
in this kind of brand loyalty lifestyle accessories stuff. Harley
Davidson have done a lot with their T-shirts, jackets, hats, belts,
shades, cigarette lighters, deodorants, and handbags. And since
"Nikon" (or "Canon") is much shorter than "Harley Davidson" you'll
have a lot more choice where to put the tattoo. As I imagine would
most of us :-)

--
Chris Malcolm
From: ray on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:49:42 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit dorky.
> This photograph, taken at the practice field for the East-West Shrine
> Game to be held in Orlando, seems to prove my point.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/769666832_Z2Svd-XL.jpg

Looks like a decent photo to me - what IS the point?