From: George Kerby on

On 1/21/10 1:35 PM, in article hjaaap$3ac$2(a)news.eternal-september.org,
"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> On 1/21/10 PDT 10:04 AM, Chris H wrote:
>> In message<_3W5n.70073$Q63.13649(a)newsfe23.ams2>, RustY �
>> <No.Mail(a)All.Thanks> writes
>>> But where can I buy a trendy Fez like that ?
>>
>> I think you will find you have to join the shriners to get a fez like
>> that.
>
> Nah; you can roll a Shriner pretty easily.

Yep. Those fezs come with a handy string(s) handle for easy removal...

From: Charles E Hardwidge on
"Atheist Chaplain" <abused(a)cia.gov> wrote in message
> "Charles E Hardwidge" <boing(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> The time you spend trimming would be better spent taking photos.
>>
>> As I said to some armchair Zen Buddhist today, you need to live to give
>> philosophy meaning. As for your own comment, you need a philosophy to
>> give life meaning. Bottom line, you sneering cynics really need to get a
>> life.
>
> And as I said to a net cop today, you first need to get a life before you
> can tell others about your philosophy.
> bottom line, if you don't like it then that's you problem.
> FU re-set to that intended by the OP.

You don't understand Zen Buddhism. Plus, your comment is just argumentative
and generating unnecessary traffic. Begone, troll.

FU trimmed to alt.photography

--
Charles E Hardwidge

From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:44:21 -0600, George Kerby wrote:

> On 1/21/10 10:27 AM, in article
> 48269$4b58807f$546accd9$1911(a)cache80.multikabel.net, "Robert Spanjaard"
> <spamtrap(a)arumes.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:57:32 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

>>> Yeah, but the Nikon guy is the one in the cool hat. We pedantic types
>>> notice details like this.
>>
>> I don't see a Nikon guy. The one with the green hat has a Canon as
>> well, with a Sigma lens. (And, as noted, without the tripod ring around
>> the lens.)
>>

> With a Nikon strap?

No, Canon.

> Right!

Ofcourse.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
From: Bowser on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit
> dorky. This photograph, taken at the practice field for the East-West
> Shrine Game to be held in Orlando, seems to prove my point.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/769666832_Z2Svd-XL.jpg
>

> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

All camera owners fall into a stereotyped group:

Nikon: mindless sheep who routinely chant whatever their Nikon god tells
them to. A few years ago it was "full frame is not good." Now it's "low
noise is good." Nikon users are always, for some reason, jealous of white
lenses.

Canon: massive superiority complex that is totally unjustified. White lenses
get them sexually excited, even though they don't really know what to do
with them. Canon users are most easily goaded into a fight simply by saying
"Nikon is better at....."

Pentax: They just know that Pentax was once the most innovative camera
company, and invented multi-coating, but can't seem to come to grips that
Pentax is now Samsung. But they cling to the hope that Pentax will awaken
from a decades-long slumber.

Minolta: Yes, they still consider themselves Minolta shooters, even though
Sony has begun the process of turning a once great company into a commodity
shelf item at the mall.

Sony: Yeah, right. Just a bunch of people who like multi-colored tiny
cameras and don't really care about image quality as long as they can make
out Aunt Gertrude falling on the floor dancing at the wedding.

Panasonic: Nuevo shooters who buy the biggest brand name they can find. Hey,
the TV was good, so they MUST make good cameras, right? Panny shooters spend
their time shooting pix, and then explaining away the noise from Panny's
crappy sensors.

Olympus: Got me on this group. the cameras suck, so they buy them because
they just want to be different, I guess. I mean, really, who would buy an
EP1 instead of a GF1?

Flame on!!!

From: Ofnuts on
On 22/01/2010 15:01, Bowser wrote:
> All camera owners fall into a stereotyped group:

You are missing that one:

"virtually perfect" camera: their camera has no flaws and is better than
anything produced. But they got it (together with an unfathomable
knowledge of all things photographic) after signing in blood that they
will never reveal what is is nor publish any photo from it. They make up
for the small sensor with a big ego.

--
Bertrand, ex-Panny owner, "my "L" series is bigger than yours"