From: Savageduck on
On 2010-01-21 11:35:53 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> said:

> On 1/21/10 PDT 10:04 AM, Chris H wrote:
>> In message<_3W5n.70073$Q63.13649(a)newsfe23.ams2>, RustY �
>> <No.Mail(a)All.Thanks> writes
>>> But where can I buy a trendy Fez like that ?
>>
>> I think you will find you have to join the shriners to get a fez like
>> that.
>
> Nah; you can roll a Shriner pretty easily.

Only in Philadelphia on parade day.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: John McWilliams on
On 1/21/10 PDT 11:41 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2010-01-21 11:34:46 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> said:
>
>> On 1/21/10 PDT 9:03 AM, Savageduck wrote:

>>> Agreed, that's what they looked like to me.
>>> To be fair, Tony never claimed he was showing a Canon & a Nikon shooter
>>> in his OP, just submitting the shot to support his assertion of the
>>> "dorkiness" of Canon shooters.
>>> ....and they both appear somewhat "dorky."
>>
>> Here: Hear, hear! I was the one that assumed the black lens guy was
>> Nikon, so my bad, but my only reason for posting was light hearted
>> gibberish, unlike all my other posts....
>>
>> Canon rulz!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> OK. Now we need a shot of your dorky hat. :-)

Which one? I do have a (now) vintage San Jose Stealth cap, an Apple Cap,
and so on. Apple is around, of course, but the indoor lacrosse team has
stolen away- i believe to Seattle or Portland.

--
john mcwilliams
From: John McWilliams on
On 1/21/10 PDT 7:45 AM, ray wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:49:42 -0500, tony cooper wrote:
>
>> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit dorky.
>> This photograph, taken at the practice field for the East-West Shrine
>> Game to be held in Orlando, seems to prove my point.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/769666832_Z2Svd-XL.jpg
>
> Looks like a decent photo to me - what IS the point?

Whooshing is the point.

The photo is, uh, passable over all; technically perfect, but a bit
saturated for my screen.

--
john mcwilliams
From: John McWilliams on
On 1/21/10 PDT 10:43 AM, Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit
>> dorky. This photograph, taken at the practice field for the East-West
>> Shrine Game to be held in Orlando, seems to prove my point.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/769666832_Z2Svd-XL.jpg
>
> Obvious attention seeking trollish cross-posting havoc.
>
> A wholly avoidable low.
>
> FU trimmed to alt.photography

Obvious overweening prat.

I'll try to remind my boys here to not post to *your* group, or you
could just KF a thread or two.

fu set
--
lsmft
From: Savageduck on
On 2010-01-21 11:55:48 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> said:

> On 1/21/10 PDT 11:41 AM, Savageduck wrote:

>>> Here: Hear, hear! I was the one that assumed the black lens guy was
>>> Nikon, so my bad, but my only reason for posting was light hearted
>>> gibberish, unlike all my other posts....
>>>
>>> Canon rulz!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> OK. Now we need a shot of your dorky hat. :-)
>>

> Which one? I do have a (now) vintage San Jose Stealth cap, an Apple
> Cap, and so on. Apple is around, of course, but the indoor lacrosse
> team has stolen away- i believe to Seattle or Portland.

OK. Indoor lacrosse, if you have that hat. That is obscure enough, with
the touch of brutality needed for sports photography.

--
Regards,

Savageduck