From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:57:32 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:49:10 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>On 1/20/10 PDT 7:49 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>>> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit
>>> dorky. This photograph, taken at the practice field for the East-West
>>> Shrine Game to be held in Orlando, seems to prove my point.
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/769666832_Z2Svd-XL.jpg
>>
>>Shoot, tony, you must be really bored to try to start with the C v N
>>bits....but just to help out: I've always thought many Nikon owners were
>>supercilious, insecure and pedantic!
>>
>>And look at the dork in the bg of the pic: long lens, but mono mounted
>>on camera body.....
>
> Yeah, but the Nikon guy is the one in the cool hat. We pedantic types
> notice details like this.

I don't see a Nikon guy. The one with the green hat has a Canon as well,
with a Sigma lens. (And, as noted, without the tripod ring around the
lens.)

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
From: Savageduck on
On 2010-01-21 08:27:43 -0800, Robert Spanjaard <spamtrap(a)arumes.com> said:

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:57:32 -0500, tony cooper wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:49:10 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Shoot, tony, you must be really bored to try to start with the C v N
>>> bits....but just to help out: I've always thought many Nikon owners were
>>> supercilious, insecure and pedantic!
>>>
>>> And look at the dork in the bg of the pic: long lens, but mono mounted
>>> on camera body.....
>>
>> Yeah, but the Nikon guy is the one in the cool hat. We pedantic types
>> notice details like this.
>
> I don't see a Nikon guy. The one with the green hat has a Canon as well,
> with a Sigma lens. (And, as noted, without the tripod ring around the
> lens.)

Agreed, that's what they looked like to me.
To be fair, Tony never claimed he was showing a Canon & a Nikon shooter
in his OP, just submitting the shot to support his assertion of the
"dorkiness" of Canon shooters.
....and they both appear somewhat "dorky."
--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Russell D. on
On 01/20/2010 08:49 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit
> dorky.

Hey, I resemble that comment.

Russell
From: notbob on
On 2010-01-21, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> The camera is mounted on a monopod. You'll learn that when you get
> around to buying a camera.

ha ha ha.... as if to larf! ;)

nb
From: The Henchman on

"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit
> dorky. This photograph, taken at the practice field for the East-West
> Shrine Game to be held in Orlando, seems to prove my point.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/769666832_Z2Svd-XL.jpg

oh no, not this topic again...