From: Pete on
Savageduck wrote:
> On 2010-01-21 11:34:46 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> said:
>> Here: Hear, hear! I was the one that assumed the black lens guy was
>> Nikon, so my bad, but my only reason for posting was light hearted
>> gibberish, unlike all my other posts....
>>
>> Canon rulz!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> OK. Now we need a shot of your dorky hat. :-)

Oh please no.

How could a Nikon or Canon owner be expected to correctly identify a modern
Sigma lens - we learnt years ago to avoid them :)

Pete

From: Peter on
"Charles E Hardwidge" <boing(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On 1/21/10 PDT 10:43 AM, Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
>>> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> Obvious attention seeking trollish cross-posting havoc.
>>>
>>> A wholly avoidable low.
>>>
>>> FU trimmed to alt.photography
>>
>> Obvious overweening prat.
>>
>> I'll try to remind my boys here to not post to *your* group, or you could
>> just KF a thread or two.
>
> Nice drive-by attack while gaming the post headers.
>
> Don't crash when you hit the corner, etcetera.
>
> --
> Charles E Hardwidge

The time you spend trimming would be better spent taking photos.

--
Peter

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:52:26 -0500, "The Henchman" <yup(a)yup.org>
wrote:

>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> As a Nikon shooter, I've always thought Canon shooters are a bit
>> dorky. This photograph, taken at the practice field for the East-West
>> Shrine Game to be held in Orlando, seems to prove my point.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/769666832_Z2Svd-XL.jpg
>

>oh no, not this topic again...

You are Charles' twin-separated-at-birth and ICMFP. The subject is
the photographers, not the cameras.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Savageduck on
On 2010-01-21 12:42:24 -0800, "Pete" <available.on.request(a)aserver.com> said:

> Savageduck wrote:
>> On 2010-01-21 11:34:46 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> said:
>>> Here: Hear, hear! I was the one that assumed the black lens guy was
>>> Nikon, so my bad, but my only reason for posting was light hearted
>>> gibberish, unlike all my other posts....
>>>
>>> Canon rulz!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> OK. Now we need a shot of your dorky hat. :-)
>
> Oh please no.
>
> How could a Nikon or Canon owner be expected to correctly identify a modern
> Sigma lens - we learnt years ago to avoid them :)
>
> Pete

Tony has provided photographic evidence of at least one Canonista who
did not learn that lesson. :-)

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:55:48 -0800, John McWilliams
<jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>On 1/21/10 PDT 11:41 AM, Savageduck wrote:

>>> Here: Hear, hear! I was the one that assumed the black lens guy was
>>> Nikon, so my bad, but my only reason for posting was light hearted
>>> gibberish, unlike all my other posts....
>>>
>>> Canon rulz!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> OK. Now we need a shot of your dorky hat. :-)
>>

>Which one? I do have a (now) vintage San Jose Stealth cap, an Apple Cap,
>and so on. Apple is around, of course, but the indoor lacrosse team has
>stolen away- i believe to Seattle or Portland.

I usually wear a beat-up, no logo, baseball-type cap. Last week we
were out on Park Avenue (an up-scale shopping area in Winter Park) and
we stopped in the Orvis store. My wife, who hates my cap, saw a Tilly
hat on the rack and put it on me. It wasn't bad, but I saw the $72
price tag and balked. If I was as cool looking as this guy, I might
have considered it:

http://www.coastlineadventures.com/images/P/Tilley-T2-Hat-Rob-P.jpg

We were down on Park Avenue to exchange a blouse I'd purchased for my
wife. I have no idea of women's sizes, so when I shop I just grab any
size of something I like and expect her to exchange it for the right
size.

Someone complimented me in a post on being married for 46 years. The
trick is, when buying a gift like this, to pick a size that is
obviously going to be too small.

To give you an idea of how fashionably turned-out I can be, I
sometimes wear a shirt that has the Orlando Renegades logo embroidered
on it. The Renegades were a USFL team that folded after the 1985
season. I got it as a promo when I bought season tickets.

A couple of the Renegade's coaching staff are still around. Steve
Mariucci was in the mix for the USC job and maybe as coach of the
Oakland Raiders. Lee Corso is a talking head for ESPN.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida