From: Karl E. Peterson on

http://digg.com/microsoft/IE6_No_More_Popular_Web_Companies_Start_Project_to_Kill_IE6

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Ralph on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> mayayana wrote:
> >> Gee :-| I still have IE6 on my work PC and Google is not the only one
> >> no longer "supporting" this browser, as the number of websites that
look
> >> "funny"and behave "wierdly" seems to grow as the days go by. I
> >> wonder how long MS Windows Updates will work with this browser.
> >
> > Google has said that only Google apps are not
> > going to support IE6. I have seen talk on Slashdot,
> > though. There seems to be a movement among
> > web designers and others to specifically try to
> > get people to stop using IE6.
> >
> > I actually target only IE6. I have to write a
> > different page for IE6 because it lacks :hover
> > support. And since I have to do that anyway, I
> > skip the DOCTYPE tag, which according to MS
> > is supposed to render pages like IE6 in IE7 and
> > IE8. That way I don't have to play around trying
> > to get the layout to work in all IE versions.

http://digg.com/microsoft/IE6_No_More_Popular_Web_Companies_Start_Project_to_Kill_IE6

Looked like an interesting Site. Unfortunately I can't open it with my IE6.

-ralph

From: mayayana on

> Looked like an interesting Site. Unfortunately I can't open it with my
IE6.

I got a "civilian" view of this today. My non-techy
brother went to a busline website to find the
schedule. He got a message that his IE6 is too old
and should be updated. His reaction was an incredulous,
"I just want a bus schedule!". As it turned out, the
schedule was merely a scanned GIF or JPG image of
the paper schedule, almost too small to read. :)

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
Tom Shelton <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> wrote:

>> http://www.saveie6.com/ ;-)
>>

>LOL... I should have read the site first :) Funny.

Hehehe, especially the fine print.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Nobody on
"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage(a)swspectrum.com> wrote in message
> LOL! Given the recent security exploits, wouldn't I be telling them to
> f*** themselves if I
> recommended they continue to use IE 6.0? ;-)
>
> Upgrade! It's free!

From Idiots' Explorer 6 to gigantic Idiots' Explorer 8? No way.