From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-02-24, David Kaye <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Eduardo <mm(a)mm.com> wrote:
>

>>I agree both.
>
> I trust Microsoft; I do not trust Google.

Well... I don't exactly trust Microsoft. I just trust them more then Google.

--
Tom Shelton
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Eduardo wrote:
> Karl E. Peterson escribi�:
>
>>> And if there is one company on this planet that I would trust
>>> less the MS - it's Google. I agree with Steve Job's on Google's "don't be
>>> evil"... "It's Bullshxt".
>>
>> Not me. I'd far rather Google inherit the Earth, than either Jobs or
>> Ballmer, myself. They "get" it. <shrug>
>
> Google is not better than MS.
> And MS is clearly declining already (I think), but not Google (so far).
>
> At this time Google is more dangerous than MS.
> They want to take for them all possible business on the net. They want to be
> the only one for anything.

Well, so far, so good. <shrug>

> And do you think they care about you?

Nope. No illusions in that regard.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
David Kaye wrote:

> I trust Microsoft;

<squint>Yer not from around these parts, are ye?</squint>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: mayayana on
> Google is not better than MS.
> And MS is clearly declining already (I think), but not Google (so far).
>
> At this time Google is more dangerous than MS.
> They want to take for them all possible business on the net.

Joe Wilcox has a piece about that on betanews.com
today....talking about new anti-trust claims. I've
never understood how Google got away with several
years of being thought of as "cute". MS arguably made
PCs ubiquitous, but their greed has done as much to
hold back progress. Likewise, Google made the Internet
searchable to a degree that was never possible before.
But they also ruined it by applying link-back numbers
to their algorythm. Their formula has all but eliminated
non-commercial webpages from public visibility.

From: Eduardo on
mayayana escribi�:
>> Google is not better than MS.
>> And MS is clearly declining already (I think), but not Google (so far).
>>
>> At this time Google is more dangerous than MS.
>> They want to take for them all possible business on the net.
>
> Joe Wilcox has a piece about that on betanews.com
> today....talking about new anti-trust claims. I've
> never understood how Google got away with several
> years of being thought of as "cute". MS arguably made
> PCs ubiquitous, but their greed has done as much to
> hold back progress. Likewise, Google made the Internet
> searchable to a degree that was never possible before.
> But they also ruined it by applying link-back numbers
> to their algorythm. Their formula has all but eliminated
> non-commercial webpages from public visibility.

I had a bad experience with Google blocking my site that I commented
before in the group, they trust in whatever AV solution they use and
they don't tell you what it's, and as it's obvious to me, it has false
positives on good files.
You can do nothing about it, but change the files. It's evil. They don't
help much to you to solve the problem either.
Until you do something (that you need to guess), visitors to your site
will receive a message "IT'S AN ATTACKER SITE!!!"

See this: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/its-an-attack.html

There are many things...

Did you try searching the newsgroups at Google groups?

Did you know what they intended to do with copyrighted books?

And also, they advocate free software, it's not good for programmers.

They want to be the only ones who earn money on internet.