From: Karl E. Peterson on
Bob Butler wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Bob Butler wrote:
>>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message

>>> No, trying from home through my normal ISP. All I get is a 404 error
>>
>> Weird! I just tried it in Chrome too, to make sure it wasn't being cached
>> by Firefox. "Works here." I'm out of ideas. Here's the gcache copy:
>>
>> http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:gDLDLTa8MJ8J:mashable.com/2009/08/04/ie6-no-more/+IE6+No+More!+Popular+Web+Companies+Start+Project+to+Kill+IE6&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
>
> That works, thanks. From my perspective I don't want an "experience" when
> using the web. I want to get the information I need as quickly and as
> directly as possible. Most of the last 8 years of innovation that they're
> pushing is pointless IMO. Not that I don't think IE sucks, just that the
> reason they want to kill it doesn't resonate at all.

It certainly seems to be the "recreational" sites that are leading the
charge. The raw info is going to be out there, regardless, unless it's
coming from MSFT.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
mayayana wrote:
>>> Unhandled Exception somewhere in the midst of a zillion lines of hex stuff.
>>
>> There *is* an easy answer for that, though!
>>
>> http://www.getfirefox.com ;-)
>
> This has turned into an ironic thread. Way back a
> couple of days ago kpg was tallking about switching
> to a web app because, "if your browser runs, so will
> my software".

Thank you very much. <bows>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
mayayana wrote:
>>> Unhandled Exception somewhere in the midst of a zillion lines of hex stuff.
>>
>> There *is* an easy answer for that, though!
>>
>> http://www.getfirefox.com ;-)
>
> This has turned into an ironic thread. Way back a
> couple of days ago kpg was tallking about switching
> to a web app because, "if your browser runs, so will
> my software".

Thank you very much. <bows>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Bob Butler on

> Bob Butler wrote:
<cut>
>> That works, thanks. From my perspective I don't want an "experience"
>> when using the web. I want to get the information I need as quickly and
>> as directly as possible. Most of the last 8 years of innovation that
>> they're pushing is pointless IMO. Not that I don't think IE sucks, just
>> that the reason they want to kill it doesn't resonate at all.
>
> It certainly seems to be the "recreational" sites that are leading the
> charge. The raw info is going to be out there, regardless, unless it's
> coming from MSFT.

LOL. I love it when they try to get me to install silverfish just to get
some basic info. I haven't found anything yet that I need that badly from
them.

From: Ralph on
Karl E. Peterson wrote:

> There *is* an easy answer for that, though!
>
> http://www.getfirefox.com ;-)

Not too long ago I would have said - "will never happen" ...
but then I said the same about leaving Win2000 for my personal PC. (Hmmm is
that a double adjective or something?)

I truly believed that they would have to pull this ancient O/S from my cold
dead fingers. BUT I've run completely out of options. Nothing is supported
any more.