First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
removing /save fortran compiler option
As many have advised on this board, we are looking to remove the /save compiler option from our compiles. The /save option initializes all local variable to zero and saves their values between subroutine calls. Does anyone have experience doing this and have any advice ? We have about 600,000 lines of code and 1... 12 Jul 2010 14:01
gfortran/ifort format issues in files
I'm in the process of modifying a program that was previously compiled with ifortran so that it will work with gfortran as well (Windows is my testbed), and I have discovered that files written by the ifort-compiled version will not work with the gfortran-compiled version. There are two apparent reasons for th... 6 Jul 2010 06:47
gui fortran
How can I get started doing windows gui programming with fortran? Thanks...... -Robin ... 10 Jul 2010 00:54
VMS Open Keyed access
Hello all, Do youk now if anyone has ever written Fotran 77 equivalent or close approximation for the VMS Open usingkeyed access? I'm not expecting an "exact" replacement because there is no such thing, than the thing itself. I am looking for something that is "close." How close? What's available out there... 3 Jul 2010 17:53
Open Scientific Library - libosl.org down
Hi all, I'm trying to get my hands on the Open Scientific Library (OSL), which has the official site libosl.org. However, that site is down (and has been for about a week, probably a bit more*), but the Google cache (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search? q=cache:sZZQiJWiXUoJ:libosl.org/+libosl+fortran... 8 Jul 2010 04:47
"-assume byterecl" in gfortran
It is my understanding that gfortran doesn't provide a way to use a record length of just a single byte with unformatted files (other compilers do, with some variation of the "-assume byterecl" flag). While there is an option called "-frecord-marker", it only accepts multiples of 4 as an argument. This is an... 3 Jul 2010 05:50
Overloading an existing overloaded subroutine
Hello, I am using a fortran library that provides subroutines that are already overloaded, and I would like to overload them further, but I can't seem to be able to do that. Consider the following example: module a interface do module procedure do_real, do_str end interface contains subroutine d... 2 Jul 2010 20:09
Coarray Fortran
Comments Please: "A group at Rice University is pursuing an alternate vision of coarray extensions for the Fortran language. Their perspective is that the Fortran 2008 standards committee's design choices were more shaped more by the desire to introduce as few modifications to the language as possible than to as... 12 Jul 2010 21:49
OpenMP & MPI
Beliavsky a few minutes ago posted a link to one an interesting article, which reminded me of something that has been wondering my mind for a while, but I had nowhere to ask. So, in hope this may be the place, where people have hands on experience with both, I was wondering if someone could explain what is the ... 18 Jul 2010 05:11
From Scripting to Scaling: Multi-core is challenging even the most battle-scared programmer
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 06:50:50 -0700 (PDT), Beliavsky <beliavsky(a)aol.com> wrote: I don't see why learning Fortran 95 (or enough C++) should be such a hurdle for people who have problems that are taking too long run in Matlab or Python. A related thread from June 2009 in this newsgroup was "Should Fortran be tau... 2 Jul 2010 11:17