From: CWatters on

<virtualadepts(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm designing a free energy machine that uses totally renewable and
> free sources of energy. How it works is your burn wood in a stove, and
> boil water using the heat generated from the wood fire. The steam from
> the water that is being boiled is used to power a steam turbine, which
> generates electricity. The electricity is then stored in a battery,
> which is used to power your home.

Why store it? Just sell it back to the grid. Heck you might even make money.

From: Richard Bell on
In article <lqNKf.271767$i83.8709307(a)phobos.telenet-ops.be>,
CWatters <colin.watters(a)pandoraBOX.be> wrote:

><virtualadepts(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm designing a free energy machine that uses totally renewable and
>> free sources of energy. How it works is your burn wood in a stove, and
>> boil water using the heat generated from the wood fire. The steam from
>> the water that is being boiled is used to power a steam turbine, which
>> generates electricity. The electricity is then stored in a battery,
>> which is used to power your home.
>
>Why store it? Just sell it back to the grid. Heck you might even make money.

If you are connected to the grid, there is no reason to generate electricity
with waste heat from your woodburning stove. While it is not renewable,
burning coal at a central generating plant for your electricity is far less
polluting than generating your own electricity from a wood fire.

From: cnctut on

virtualadepts(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I'm designing a free energy machine that uses totally renewable and
> free sources of energy. How it works is your burn wood in a stove, and
> boil water using the heat generated from the wood fire. The steam from
> the water that is being boiled is used to power a steam turbine, which
> generates electricity. The electricity is then stored in a battery,
> which is used to power your home.
>
> Can anyone give me some advice on how to build a prototype of this
> design?

Virtual--

Here's some things to think about--

1. With normal energy losses in this type of system you'll need about
130K BTU's per hour at the boiler for 2.25 KW of electricity--about
120K BTU's will be available downside of the turbine for home heating.

(1 cord of firewood is approx 22,000,000BTU's--corn 448,000 BTU/bushel
1 cord cost $150-200 per cord/corn about $2 bushel)

2. A well designed boiler can handle 50,000 BTU per hour per sq
foot--but they are dangerous and require some serious design
experience/effort--they have a bad habit of exploding if they spring
any leak.

3. Steam turnbines run about $10,000. Suggest converting an auto
turbocharger or a two cycle engine to drive your generator.

Good Luck

Tut

From: Aristos on
>Can anyone give me some advice on how to build a prototype of this
>design?

Go to college.

From: The Ghost In The Machine on
In sci.physics, virtualadepts(a)gmail.com
<virtualadepts(a)gmail.com>
wrote
on 21 Feb 2006 13:20:12 -0800
<1140554934.606426.312280(a)o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>:
> I'm designing a free energy machine that uses totally renewable and
> free sources of energy. How it works is your burn wood in a stove, and
> boil water using the heat generated from the wood fire. The steam from
> the water that is being boiled is used to power a steam turbine, which
> generates electricity. The electricity is then stored in a battery,
> which is used to power your home.
>
> Can anyone give me some advice on how to build a prototype of this
> design?

And wood costs how much again?

There's also the issue that wood is created from solar power. You
might be better off using a solar oven or crystalline silicon cells,
though I'd have to calculate it.

#191, ewill3(a)earthlink.net
It's still legal to go .sigless.