From: Odysseus on
Aristos wrote:

> The Ghost in the Machine scripsit:
>
> >And wood costs how much again?
>
> About $100 a cord. A cord gives you anywhere between 2,500-4,400 lbs
> of wood, depending on the species of the wood.

Say 1500 kg: that will release about 23 GJ of energy, but even an
efficient stove will make only about 5 GJ of that useful, for a net
cost of about $20/GJ. IIANM that's still a little cheaper than electricity.
From: CWatters on

"Richard Bell" <rlbell(a)csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message
> In article <lqNKf.271767$i83.8709307(a)phobos.telenet-ops.be>,
> CWatters <colin.watters(a)pandoraBOX.be> wrote:
> >
> ><virtualadepts(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm designing a free energy machine that uses totally renewable and
> >> free sources of energy. How it works is your burn wood in a stove, and
> >> boil water using the heat generated from the wood fire. The steam from
> >> the water that is being boiled is used to power a steam turbine, which
> >> generates electricity. The electricity is then stored in a battery,
> >> which is used to power your home.
> >
> >Why store it? Just sell it back to the grid. Heck you might even make
money.

> If you are connected to the grid, there is no reason to generate
electricity
> with waste heat from your woodburning stove. While it is not renewable,
> burning coal at a central generating plant for your electricity is far
less
> polluting than generating your own electricity from a wood fire.

I wasn't really being serious. I mean his free energy wasn't even free.

From: Nog on
virtualadepts(a)gmail.com wrote:

> I'm designing a free energy machine that uses totally renewable and
> free sources of energy. How it works is your burn wood in a stove, and
> boil water using the heat generated from the wood fire. The steam from
> the water that is being boiled is used to power a steam turbine, which
> generates electricity. The electricity is then stored in a battery,
> which is used to power your home.
>
> Can anyone give me some advice on how to build a prototype of this
> design?

It would be more environmentally friendly if you used plutonium as your heat
source to boil water.
From: Paul Cardinale on

virtualadepts(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I'm designing a free energy machine that uses totally renewable and
> free sources of energy. How it works is your burn wood in a stove, and
> boil water using the heat generated from the wood fire. The steam from
> the water that is being boiled is used to power a steam turbine, which
> generates electricity. The electricity is then stored in a battery,
> which is used to power your home.

Where do you get a continuous supply of free wood?

From: GreenEnergy on
James Watt came up with a revolutionary new design, if I recall
correctly.