From: CWatters on

"CWatters" <colin.watters(a)pandoraBOX.be> wrote in message

> "Eric Gisin" <ericgisin(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Absolute nonsense.
> > Firewood collecting has no effect on forest health, and reduces fire
risk.
> > Nobody replanted 60 years ago, and all those forest grew back.
> > Deadfall in forests is a huge unexploited energy source, but difficult
> access.

oops that should read

From: Scott Nudds on

"Tom" <askpermission(a)comcast.net> wrote
> Most physicists are pretty sure a "free energy" machine can't work because
> it violates the first law of thermodynamics.

There was a time not long ago when most physicists were pretty sure that
Newtonian mechanics was correct as well.

It is entirely unclear to me why anyone would expect the laws of statistical
mechanics to apply to a realm where the laws of mechanics do not apply.

Perhsps you can enlighten us as to why this must be the case Tom.

I await your response with baited breah.

From: Archangel on

"Scott Nudds" <void(a)void.com> wrote in message

> "Tom" <askpermission(a)comcast.net> wrote
>> Most physicists are pretty sure a "free energy" machine can't work
>> because
>> it violates the first law of thermodynamics.
>
> There was a time not long ago when most physicists were pretty sure that
> Newtonian mechanics was correct as well.

True

> It is entirely unclear to me why anyone would expect the laws of
> statistical
> mechanics to apply to a realm where the laws of mechanics do not apply.
>
> Perhsps you can enlighten us as to why this must be the case Tom.
>
> I await your response with baited breah.

I thought it was a good post until you invoked the stupidity demon.

From: Richard Tobin on
In article <kykLf.71793$LF.35475(a)read2.cgocable.net>,
Scott Nudds <void(a)void.com> wrote:
>I await your response with baited breah.

It's more common to wait with bated breath. Or have you been eating a
lot of cheese?

-- Richard
From: Kore on
"There was a time not long ago when most physicists were pretty
sure that Newtonian mechanics was correct as well."

How is Newtonian mechanics incorrect? It may not work well when
dealing with the very small (subatomic level) or the very fast (going
towards light speed), but here in the world I always inhabit, it works
pretty well. In this world as well, I have yet to encounter anything
free, that is, which doesn't have a price or a cost.