From: Archangel on

"Scott Nudds" <void(a)void.com> wrote in message

>> > "Kore" wrote
>
> "Scott Nudds" <void(a)void.com> wrote
>> > But not exactly, which makes it incorrect in the same way that
> .99999999
>> > =
>> > 1 is incorrect.
>
> "Tom" wrote:
>> Have you ever read Asimov's little essay called "The Relativity of
>> Wrong"?
>
> Ya, when I was 12.

Funny that, you read it at a mental age of 12. Tom read it last week...

> "Tom" wrote:
>> Science isn't in the business of making statements that are to be
> considered
>> wholly correct for all time. It is a series of increasingly accurate
>> approximations using the best evidence available at any given moment.
>> The
>> Infallible Truth stuff is the province of religions.
>
> Very good Tom. Make sure you say that the next time someone denies the
> reality of Global warming because it's not scientifically proven.
>
> You have missed the point entirely... But that was your point now wasn't
> it?

No it wasnt.

From: Archangel on

"Martin Swain" <martin_swain(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Scott Nudds wrote:
>> "Tom" <askpermission(a)comcast.net> wrote
>>
>>>Most physicists are pretty sure a "free energy" machine can't work
>>>because
>>>it violates the first law of thermodynamics.
>>

>> There was a time not long ago when most physicists were pretty sure that
>> Newtonian mechanics was correct as well.
>>
>> It is entirely unclear to me why anyone would expect the laws of
>> statistical
>> mechanics to apply to a realm where the laws of mechanics do not apply.
>>
>> Perhsps you can enlighten us as to why this must be the case Tom.
>>
>> I await your response with baited breah.
>>

> You haven't explained your problem with that statement well enough
> to respond to. If you could answer a couple questions it might serve
> to shed some light.
>
> 1. How do you think relativity effects the first law of thermodynamics
> in such a way as to render it possible to build a free energy
> machine?

Ah. Schopenhauer, you have been getting tutorials from Tom Martin?

> 2. Assuming the previous statement to be true, why hasn't anyone built
> one yet?

Building on a false premise is good for you.

> Also, here is the first law of thermodynamics, just to save you the
> trouble of looking it up.
>
> "
> The increase in the internal energy of a system is equal to the amount
> of energy added to the system by heating, minus the amount lost in the
> form of work done by the system on its surroundings.

Google finger working well Martin? You are a physicist arent you (or just
pretend to be one?).

> It's pretty obvious, at least to me, why this indicates that a free
> energy machine can't be created. I fail to see however how it is
> supposed to be broken by relativity, but then I am no expert.

Indeed not but it seems you are willing to learn. More lessons from Tom
needed - you need to get rid of learning potential quick smart.

From: Archangel on

> Scott Nudds wrote:
>
>> "Martin Swain" wrote:
>>
>>>1. How do you think relativity effects the first law of thermodynamics
>>> in such a way as to render it possible to build a free energy
>>> machine?
>>

>> Do we assume the existance of negative mass? Snicker.
>>
>> Relativity requires that gravity waves propagate in space as quadrapole
>> distortions in space and time. It is theoretically possible to use a
>> large
>> mass and it's associated inertial momentum to extract energy from these
>> distortions as they pass through the mass, stretching and compacting it
>> as
>> it passes.
>>
>> Energy is thereby extracted from the vacuum of space.
>>
>> Other arguments based on relativity and quantum mechanics require that
>> forces of action/reaction become uncoupled. Pushes can for example be
>> devoid of pulls. A particle A for example can be pulled toward particle
>> without particle B feeling any force from particle A. This is a direct
>> result of the finite speed of propagation of force fields. This also
>> implies immediately that the vacuum of space holds a sea of energy and
>> that
>> this energy from time to time is used to accelerate objects and hence is
>> extracted from this underlying free energy sea.
>>

>>>Also, here is the first law of thermodynamics, just to save you the
>>>trouble of looking it up.
>>>
>>>"
>>>The increase in the internal energy of a system is equal to the amount
>>>of energy added to the system by heating, minus the amount lost in the
>>>form of work done by the system on its surroundings.
>>>"
>>>
>>>It's pretty obvious, at least to me, why this indicates that a free
>>>energy machine can't be created. I fail to see however how it is
>>>supposed to be broken by relativity, but then I am no expert.
>>

>> That's nice. And as such is wrong, and has been proven so
>> experimentally.
>> In fact if it were not the case the PC you are using now would not be
>> capable of functioning since the transistors it uses to compute would not
>> work.
>>
>> Vacuum energy my boy is very real, and most probably the reason for all
>> quantum mechanical wierdness, with the exception of quantization.
>>
>> I would add, that it is also the origin of momentum, and most probably
>> the
>> cosmological constant and the origin of the universe as you probably
>> misunderstand it.
>>

> Snickering and bullshitting about transistors pulling energy from the
> eather aside, you didn't answer my questions. How does relativity enable
> the building of a free energy machine and why hasn't anyone built one yet?

erm, I think you will find the Aether was abandoned some time ago Martin.
About the time of the Michelson-Morley experiments I think... Still, you
are a traditional sort of a lad I suppose...

From: Archangel on

> Scott Nudds wrote:
>> "Martin Swain" wrote

> ... but I simply
> haven't time to waste playing childish games...

bloody hell Martin, when did all *that* happen?

> Bye now.

Bye...

From: Archangel on

>> > It is entirely unclear to me why anyone would expect the laws of
>> > statistical
>> > mechanics to apply to a realm where the laws of mechanics do not apply.
>> >
>> > Perhsps you can enlighten us as to why this must be the case Tom.
>> >
>> > I await your response with baited breah.
>
> "Archangel" <Archangel(a)nulldev.com> wrote
>> I thought it was a good post until you invoked the stupidity demon.
>
> You were and still are free to clarify the issue of the applicability
> macroscopic statistical mechanics to non-mechanical quantum-mechanical
> systems Archangel.
>
> Perhaps you can provide a proof that doesn't require a redefinition of
> entropy.
>
> I note that you have elected not to do so.

neither am I in a position to, nor would I wish to. I merely noted that you
mentioned Tom's name and ruined a good argument for me. Tom is the stupidity
demon, to call him is to invite chaos.