First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
How do I ensure formulas automatically calculate after pasting
I have just recently installed Excel 2003. When I copy and paste a formula into a column the result of the first cell copies down the column and I need to manually refresh each cell to get the correct result for that cell. How do I ensure excel automatically calculates the correct results? ... 18 May 2010 09:16
same problem here
If anyone figures this out, I'd like to hear as well. All I keep seeing in the various discussions are the same answers that don't apply. I think a macro could do it, but the sortfield would have to automatically update based on the selected data, i.e. it would always sort on the same column(s), but the row numbers wou... 18 May 2010 08:10
Copying "Exact" Function
I have an excel spreadsheet with two columns, legal forename and preferred forename. I ran a "exact" function so it would appear true if the two surnames were the same or false if not. There are 180 odd rows so I wanted to just copy and paste or drag the "exact" formula instead of having to manually entering it ... 18 May 2010 08:10
Which function will shorten IF-THEN-ELSE ?
Here's a simplified example of what I want to do: Col A Col B Row 1 yes 5 Row 2 10 Row 3 yes 15 Row 4 yes 20 What is the formula that will automatically find all numbers in Col B that have a corresponding "yes" in Col A, then SUM them... 18 May 2010 06:00
Sum Formula dilemma - Can yu Solve?
Have a column for item id and a column for its Qty. What I need to do is have a sum of all the item id quanitities whose item id is either a 1, a 3, or a 7. If it was just that I needed the sum of those with 1 I could use SumIf. But what if I want a combined total of certain id's? ... 17 May 2010 23:29
PLEASE HELP
Ok I am trying to make the document where if I enter "a" in one cell, the cell next to it will auto populate a given value that I define. Please let me know how I can do this!!! Thanks!!! ... 18 May 2010 14:48
V Lookup and Multiple Values
Hello, I am looking to figure out how to use V Lookup with multiple values. I have about 30 of the same name in column A (This is picked out of about 30.000 names in column A). How can I do this? Thanks. ... 17 May 2010 20:14
apply/erase formatting, clear content, ...
Let me jump in ... This option can be very useful just to apply/erase formatting, clear content, convert data, ... Luke M wrote: You cannot. If you start to think about it, it would cause enormous 09-Oct-09 You cannot. If you start to think about it, it would cause enormous complications, like, what c... 17 May 2010 16:55
Why does forumula show in cell instead of formula result?
Sometimes when I enter a formula into an Excel cell, the formula itself is displayed in the cell instead of the formula result. However, when I open Formula Wizard, the Wizard shows the correct formula result that should be displayed in the cell. Why does this happen and how do I get it to stop happening? ... 17 May 2010 16:55
Linking multiple databases to one summary page
For a manufacturing report, I currently have each area of production logging work orders into a database. Each of these databases (8 in total) link to three seperate files based on the information it is pulling. So one of these three will pull data based on line, product, etc. The main issue on hand is when... 17 May 2010 15:48